Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canceling a score

mes08mes08 Alum Member
in General 578 karma
If you cancel your score after taking the test, does this count as one of the three times you're allowed to take the LSAT within 5 years? Thanks in advance for letting me know :)

Comments

• lbalestrierilbalestrieri Alum Member
    110 karma
    I believe it does and that is why I chose to withdraw from the test before taking it for the September test. Here is a good link to an explanation of withdrawing/canceling/an absence. Hope it helps!

http://blueprintlsat.com/lsatblog/lsat-advice/cancelling-the-lsat-vs-taking-an-absence/
  • lbalestrierilbalestrieri Alum Member
    110 karma
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    edited February 2015 578 karma
    I now understand the difference between canceling and taking an absence. But what's the difference between canceling and withdrawing? Thanks for helping me figure this out, it's a bit confusing.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Wait, is canceling before you take the same as withdrawing?
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2015 2654 karma
    withdrawing is before the test, canceling is having ur test not scored. If you plan on canceling your score I would recommend just withdrawing now as you never know how the future will go. No one plans to need 3 takes but no one can predict the future. You should really only cancel if you know you absolutely bombed (messed up/ didn't bubble/know you misbubbled...) theres plenty of people who feel they did terrible only to find out they would have done pretty good. Withdrawing now means you lose your money and save a take. if you take the test and cancel you lose your money, dealt with the test, lose a take and don't have a score (you can also think of it as withdrawing-from registration, and canceling your score since nothing changed except you now don't have a score to report)
  • alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    812 karma
    also i believe it is 3 takes every 2 years, not every 5
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    I had withdrawn last year before taking the test and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't on my LSAC record. Thanks for helping me figure it all out!
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Yes.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    yep.