LOCI - if ----> then?

Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
edited March 2018 in General 206 karma

So I have been waitlisted to a school I really want to go to. Now I read that if you that school is your first choice then tell them that if you get accepted you will attend. I plan on doing this, but I'm not sure how this is suppose to be written in a letter format lol. I have gotten used to logical reasoning diagramming and it has taken over haha. Also when would it be appropriate to send one of these letters to them.

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

You are going to want to have a few components.

Thank them for their consideration. Tell them they are still your first choice. Tell them why they are your first choice(be specific with examples of programs, a personal connection, or maybe things you found out on a visit). Provide any other updates(grades, increasedwork responsibility, ect.). Tell them you will inform them before committing to any other school(so they know your continued interest will last a while). Then thank them again for their time and their continued review of your application.

• Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
    206 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:
    You are going to want to have a few components.

Thank them for their consideration. Tell them they are still your first choice. Tell them why they are your first choice(be specific with examples of programs, a personal connection, or maybe things you found out on a visit). Provide any other updates(grades, increasedwork responsibility, ect.). Tell them you will inform them before committing to any other school(so they know your continued interest will last a while). Then thank them again for their time and their continued review of your application.

And when will it be best to send them a letter such as this ?

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

It's difficult to say. It might be natural to do it now in response to the waitlist. Alternatively, you might want to wait until they start getting some people who turn them down.