Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plateauing at 162

oooops27oooops27 Member
in General 19 karma

Hey guys,

I'm curious to see how other 7sagers have broken out of the low 160s. To give you an idea of where I'm at, I'm averaging about -6 per section on LR, -5 on LGs, and -5 on RC for an avg of 161 the ten most recent. With more drilling, I think I can get the LGs down close to -0. However, I'm really struggling to get my LR score to the point where a 170 is possible. I'm making 2-3 dumb mistakes per 50 questions, and then missing most of the harder questions (doesn't really matter what type they are). Timing is still an issue for me, although I'm getting through the first 10 in ten minutes or so. Any specific drills/techniques on escaping the 160s would be much appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• TaylorAnnTaylorAnn Free Trial Member
    202 karma

having a similar problem. I'm stuck between 158-162 and have a similar score breakdown. I miss the harder questions on LR and make a couple stupid mistakes per section, but I think that may be because I'm trying to go too fast.

Aside from getting LG down to -0 which seems like it's a lot harder than some make it out to be, I don't know what to do :(

• Marco AntonioMarco Antonio Alum Member
    199 karma

I have the same exact problem. I posted something in the forum a few days ago to this link
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/105833

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

How long have you been studying? Also what question types have you been struggling with? With minus 6 on each section of LR, I would focus more on doing deep untimed work with a focus on sharpening foundational skills like diagramming and ID'ing the conclusion premise and the gap in the argument. It is much easier to get better and faster with easier questions than trying to get the curve-breaker questions correct. A strategy you can try out is to shave off precious time in the easy questions so you can bank more time for the harder ones.

• oooops27oooops27 Member
    19 karma

thanks westcoast! I've been studying for about 9 months, a bit more than half of that with seven sage. I'm a little weak on principle questions, so I'm going to focus on them more. The first stage of my prep was with the bibles, which were solid but only got me so far.