Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Georgetown Top 10s

hchamz123hchamz123 Free Trial Member

Now that the Georgetown deadline has passed, what did you guys do for the Top 10, if you chose that optional?
I did my top 10 favorite words and I wrote a little paragraph before explaining my history of loving different words lol I'm not entirely sure if I was supposed to do that, but they did say we could write up to 250 words...

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

i didn't apply to georgetown but I'm really curious about the words you chose. When I was a kid, I actually enjoyed learning new and strange words. Studying SAT vocab was strangely satisfying. Unfortunately, I don't remember many of those words that I memorized in ages past.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I did my top 10 ways to spend a Saturday. It was pretty lighthearted, but also a chance to show my non-academic interests! Easily my favorite optional essay (honorable mention goes to Stanford-music to play while reviewing app)

• hchamz123hchamz123 Free Trial Member
    74 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    i didn't apply to georgetown but I'm really curious about the words you chose. When I was a kid, I actually enjoyed learning new and strange words. Studying SAT vocab was strangely satisfying. Unfortunately, I don't remember many of those words that I memorized in ages past.

I'll > @westcoastbestcoast said:

PMing you!

• hchamz123hchamz123 Free Trial Member
    74 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    I did my top 10 ways to spend a Saturday. It was pretty lighthearted, but also a chance to show my non-academic interests! Easily my favorite optional essay (honorable mention goes to Stanford-music to play while reviewing app)

That's a great list, it really lets the school see another side to you. I loved the Stanford optional essays too - but I wouldn't have made it in so I didn't bother spending the $$ applying :(

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

BUMP because I'm starting to think of mine for next cycle :)

• speedwagonspeedwagon Alum Member
    393 karma

I did my top 10 poems but got waitlisted. Maybe it was too weird! I have wondered about that.

• sophie74sophie74 Free Trial Member
    373 karma

I did my Top 10 Life Experiences and I think it really helped my app bc it showed a lot of different sides of me that the app did not show!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@sophie74 said:
    I did my Top 10 Life Experiences and I think it really helped my app bc it showed a lot of different sides of me that the app did not show!

If its not personal, what top 10 life experiences did you speak of?

• sophie74sophie74 Free Trial Member
    373 karma

Just things that made an impact on me, events that I vividly remember. Moments that meant a lot. That sort of thing

• __emsss____emsss__ Alum Member
    65 karma

I wrote "Top ten most effective things I did to destress while preparing for the LSAT". It was casual and showed my non-academic interests as well as a bit of humor. I got in w/o interview and w 135k scholarship although I don't know how much the top 10 list mattered... Although on the admissions letter I received in the mail, the Dean wrote a handwritten note saying he enjoyed my top 10 and wrote a few sentences about something I had touched on. So maybe it does matter!