Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Price Change and PRO-BONO CONSULTING [Applications Closed]

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited April 2018 in Law School Admissions 7286 karma

UPDATE: Applications for pro-bono consulting are closed. We've already chosen our winners.

Hi everyone,

On April 15, we’re going to raise the price of Admissions Comprehensive Consulting from $2999 to $3499.

I was going to spin this like, “Hey, lock in your 2017 price now,” and to be honest, I might still spin it, but the forum didn’t feel like the right place for a sales pitch, so I’m just going to explain why we’re doing what we’re doing.

This past fall, we were overwhelmed with demand, and we had to shut down our sales page throughout most of October, our busiest month. I could have responded by quickly hiring a bunch of editors and consultants with fancy pedigrees, but I was concerned about the quality of the product. I would much rather be a premium service than an application widget factory.

We want to use the new revenue to create an even more premium experience, which means the following:

• Hiring and retaining the best talent we can find.
  • Spending more resources on each consulting client.
  • Hiring another manager to coordinate and organize our operation.

Already we’ve hired a new manager and contracted with proofreaders to ensure that the final draft of every document in a consulting package gets a second pair of eyes. Look out for even more improvements in the future.

I’ll answer a few potential questions in FAQ style.

Can I purchase consulting at the old price?
Yes! We will offer 20 more Admissions Comprehensive Consulting packages at the old price.

If I purchase now, can I use the package for the 2018-2019 admissions cycle?
You sure can! Comprehensive Consulting entitles you to help for one admissions cycle—any cycle you want. You can work with us on your applications for the current cycle or you can work with us on applications for a future cycle. Note that after you apply, we won’t be able to help you reapply in the next cycle.

The package doesn’t expire until you’re completely squared away. For example, you could purchase consulting now, apply to law school in the fall of 2018, and continue working with us through the summer of 2019 as you negotiate your scholarship offers and try to get off waitlists.

Who will I be working with?
You might be working with any of our expert admissions editors. I personally supervise every consulting client, but I’m going on paternity leave from February 14 to March 15. :smiley:

That also means that if you email editors@7sage.com with questions about consulting, you may not get a response for a few days. Bear with us!

What’s this pro bono consulting thing you mentioned?
We’re offering two packages of Admissions Comprehensive Consulting completely free to low-income or under-represented applicants.

In order to apply, please answer the following prompts.

1. Tell us about your background in 300 words or less.
  2. Tell us why pro bono consulting would help you, or why you can’t afford it, in 300 words or less. Information about your financial circumstances and obligations would be pertinent.
  3. Did you receive financial assistance in college? What kind, and how much?
  4. What’s the highest level of education completed by your parents?

More notes and instructions:

• Send your responses to editors@7sage.com with “Pro Bono Consulting Application” in the subject line.
  • You must have a 7sage account to apply.
  • We’re using an honor system. Don’t mess it up for everyone.
  • We’ll choose two candidates on or before April 15. You might not hear from us before then.

Comments

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Thank you David. I have been debating about contacting your team for help with the current cycle. This helps to get my butt in gear.

And congratulations on the paternity leave : ). Its nice to see men take the leave also.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Would the pro bono also apply if we delayed a cycle, or is it specifically for now?

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7286 karma

@xadrianas6x great question! Pro bono consulting is only available for this cycle, but we'll offer more of it next cycle.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Congrats on the little one David!! And happy to see the admit services expanding. After working with you as well as another popular law admit company who I won’t name, there’s no comparison. 7Sage Admissions is the best available and I’m happy to see that the focus is on maintaining the quality.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@"David.Busis" Awesome! Thanks for responding!

• isarap_mchisarap_mch Free Trial Member
    23 karma

When is the deadline for applying to the pro bono consultation?

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@isarap_mch said:
    When is the deadline for applying to the pro bono consultation?

Good q!

• Labelle80Labelle80 Alum Member
    41 karma

Is this pro bono consultation application cycle for people applying to start law school this Fall 2018?

7286 karma

Sorry I've been absent, everyone! Turns out that babies are a lot of work. :blush:

@isarap_mch @westcoastbestcoast It's rolling admissions :wink:. Hard deadline is April 15, but we'll almost certainly choose two applicants before that.

@Labelle80 Unfortunately, no.

• @dillonreed, will you please help us and let us know when the essay is due? I think we asked too late and @"David.Busis" is already enjoying his little bundle of joy. Also, sorry, I didn't know who else to ask for help, and you are like my go to guy, which I imagine you are for most of us, which is probably so stressful and I am so sorry, but we appreciate you so.

7286 karma

@dazedandconfused we will make a decision on pro bono consulting before April 15, but the earlier you apply, the better.

• Thanks, @"David.Busis! Hope everything is going well with the new lil one!

• rochelleb180rochelleb180 Alum Member
    53 karma

Is it too late to apply for this? Please let me know.

• Labelle80Labelle80 Alum Member
    41 karma

Thank you for clarifying. I am glad I will get the opportunity to apply.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

(Nothing to add here except congrats on the baby @"David.Busis"!!!!!!!)

https://media.giphy.com/media/jF9gFVcrNoN7q/giphy.gif

7286 karma

@rochelleb180 Not too late! I'll announce when we choose two candidates. It will be around April 15 or a little earlier; until then, keep the applications coming!

• Jonah Chadwick GriegoJonah Chadwick Griego Alum Member
    652 karma

I just sent in my application! I held it for weeks proof reading. Thank you for the opportunity! I think I speak for all us first gen law school applicants that are also first gen college students when I say that without this kind of generous offer we would not get far!