Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timed Problem Sets Question

ElarsJakeElarsJake Alum Member
in General 11 karma

As I go through the core curriculum and the study schedule 7sage made for me, should I be doing the problem sets in the curriculum timed or untimed? Right now I'm doing them untimed because I want to master each question type and method for solving it and worry about time when I start doing PT but I want to know what you all think? Timed or untimed problem sets that are in the core curriculum?

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited April 2018 4428 karma

Untimed, but try to do them as fast as you can while still being confident. You don't want to get into a habit of being way too slow. You could also time them, but not give yourself any time limit just to start getting an awareness of the timing.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

Untimed, you'll just end up rushing otherwise and probably panic and choose an ac because of the time limit. Make sure you understand the question types before you do timed because having that knowledge that you've got a handle on your questions helps your confidence

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

When I went through the CC I just timed myself with a stopwatch, just to have an idea of how I was doing while working through the questions.

That way I didn't have a hard time limit that would make me feel rushed, but I still had timing data that was useful in identifying my weaknesses.

Even post-CC I don't think that timing yourself with a strict time limit of 1:24 per question is all that useful -- most of the hard curve-breaker questions just require 2:00+, and you're just going to end up missing all of them if you limit yourself to 1:24.