"Some/many" ALWAYS trap AC in weaken Q's?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
in Logical Reasoning 1755 karma

Hey all,

I've noticed a trend where I feel that almost all answer choices with the word "many" or "some" are WRONG in weaken questions. I think the general reason for this is that because "many/some" can mean as little as 1, it's very hard to weaken an argument with just one instance of something.

Can anyone confirm this trend for me, or have any thoughts/comments/advice? Does anyone also have an example where this is not the case -- where an answer choice with the word "some/many" is actually the right answer choice for a weaken question?

Also, I'm curious to hear your thoughts for RC weaken questions. Does this trend also hold true?

Thank you!

Comments

• cribcrackercribcracker Alum Member
    68 karma

Here is a great example of a weaken question that uses "some" in the correct answer choice. You may be right that this is a rare occurrence, but if you're aiming for a high score you shouldn't rely on strategies that don't work in every situation.

https://7sage.com/lesson/the-flowers-drew-received-weaken-question/

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

While I think it's possible this is a trend, I'd stay away from creating any strict rules like that. The LSAT loves to throw curve balls. It's a lot more important to know how to just work through the problems. It's possible that could be a hint, but I wouldn't rely on it 100% of the time.