Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help

I've been racking my brain as to the best method to go about studying for he November 2018 test, and I know I want to go over the CC again, even if just a month, I already have it outlined and it will help me a lot, I'm sure. And then after that, I think I just need to start taking PT's. If I take two per week, and BR them, do 4 days of LSAT stuff, I should be able to get a decent score. I'm just rambling, but yea, help would be great. IDK, suggestions?

Comments

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

I feel like I've gotten quite a bit out of this routine:

PT's 50-59: Section/Day except on full PT Days, review the section right after, again the next day if it went badly
    PT's 60+ in this order: 65, 75, 66, 76

I started on 65 so I have tests left to PT with if I retake in July/September.

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

Definitely recommend going over the CC again if you're not BRing 175+.

The CC is fantastic, and the concepts (when mastered) will enable you to answer any question the LSAT throws at you.

I went through the CC twice, and I probably learned more my second way through.

• FlashLSATFlashLSAT Alum Member
    293 karma

@Ortiz_44 said:
    I've been racking my brain as to the best method to go about studying for he November 2018 test, and I know I want to go over the CC again, even if just a month, I already have it outlined and it will help me a lot, I'm sure. And then after that, I think I just need to start taking PT's. If I take two per week, and BR them, do 4 days of LSAT stuff, I should be able to get a decent score. I'm just rambling, but yea, help would be great. IDK, suggestions?

when going over it the first time did you take notes?
    And I cant give any reason for not going over the curriculum again I could only see it being beneficial!

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

@"Return On Inference" said:
    Definitely recommend going over the CC again if you're not BRing 175+.

The CC is fantastic, and the concepts (when mastered) will enable you to answer any question the LSAT throws at you.

I went through the CC twice, and I probably learned more my second way through.

Going through the CC if you BR under 175 seems a bit extreme. 170 is probably more reasonable.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

Usual disclaimer: Not an expert... However, since you've already done the CC once, might your time be better spent in PT / BR and then a targeted CC review of those areas that you are weakest in? For example, if your foundation in Logic Games is good and you could benefit by just doing more games / exposure / fool proofing, why use that time on LG CC review?

I'm PT'ing in the upper 160's / BR'ing in the 170's and find that a return to specific CC sections is very useful; however, I don't think a complete review of the CC at this point would be the optimum use of my time. YMMV.

Just another opinion. Either way, good luck.