4th take - should i postpone?

lemon.lyman998lemon.lyman998 Free Trial Member
in General 5 karma

Tomorrow is the June LSAT and it's going to be my 4th take, and I'm waiting until the absolute last minute to decide if I should take the test.

I feel somewhat ready. My practice scores have been in the 170-174 range with a high one time of 177 (though this was a retake), BUT there are a couple of reasons why I'm hesitant to take the test:
-I took one last practice test (just timed sections - didn't do it all in one sitting yesterday) and got a 169.
-My logic games isn't at a -0 yet. I keep making REALLY careless mistakes. I was scoring -0 pretty consistently until last week, and now I'm missing -2 or -3. On PT 82, i missed 5. This is scaring me a little bit.

i'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm not as ready as I think. I have a tendency to score lower on my real tests vs. my practice exams. Both times I took it, I scored below my average. Should I wait another month to feel more secure or should I just take the test?

I've been studying for a while now and I'm exhausted. I'm at the point where I kind of just want to get the test done. Any feedback for me?

Should I take the June LSAT?
  1. Should I take the June LSAT or wait until July18 votes
    1. Take the June LSAT!
      77.78%
    2. Take July!
      22.22%

Comments

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

Take both

• EmmetropicEmmetropic Free Trial Member
    164 karma

Take the June test: you said it yourself that your 169 was only one data point out of a bunch. If you've been doing everything properly, you'll likely score somewhere in your usual range if you approach the test like you always do.

I think the nerves of the test are getting to you. If you're making mistakes during logic games when you usually don't, it may be because the test is approaching and you're trying to be perfect. The fact that you feel "exhausted" indicates this. Just take the test how you've taken it over the past few months.

That is what defines you, not just a 169 and a few nervous glitches getting closer to the test. Plus, the fact that you are scoring much lower on your last test means you'll likely score higher on the real one :wink:

Just review your mistakes and do your best.

P.S. If you legitimately feel nervous and feel as if the nerves will interfere with your test, then delay. Otherwise, just take Pretest 84 on the 11th.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Take the test tomorrow. You sound more than ready and I honestly think its the nerves at this point. Take a break from the boards and relax before tomorrow.

• FoolProofFunFoolProofFun Alum Member
    122 karma

Unless your PT scores of 170+ weren't under realistic conditions, the 169 is just one point off, and the LG issues could 100% be because of nerves. Once you settle into the test tomorrow, you'll probably respond tremendously well.