Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice please!!

janelleengjanelleeng Alum Member
in General 154 karma

Hello everyone!
So I posted previously about how I felt like my law school dreams were being crushed by taking 2 lsats already and not doing great.
I'm happy to say though that I'm not going to give up and I'm going to try again. I just need some advice regarding how to go about it the right way this time. It's unfortunate, but I've already burned through pretty much every preptest. I don't have any new questions that I haven't seen before. However, I don't remember really any of the reading comp passages answers so hopefully they will be "new" enough for me to practice with again. It's just logical reasoning where I feel like I remember a lot of the answers. I plan on foolproofon games again though. So, I need some advice on how to go about logical reasoning when I've pretty much seen every question.
If anyone has taken the lsat twice already and is in the same boat as me, I would love to hear about how you are going about your situation. I still do feel discouraged at times, but I am motivated to do better.

Comments

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    500 karma

I think you can still benefit from LR you've seen before. In the cases in which I've worked on problems multiple times from drills or blind review, and I remember the stimulus or the answer choices, I make an effort to not just jump to the answer choice I remember is "correct". I treat it similar to how I treat fool proofing logic games and BR. I make sure to read the stimulus completely. Read the answer choices completely. Make sure I'm rationalizing what AC are wrong and for what reason. I make notes next to the question/ac. Basically you just can't cheat yourself when you do a familiar question and skip right to the answer choice you remember. I've heard some people talk about fool proofing LR on these forums, not sure exactly how that works or if it would be beneficial but maybe something to check out. There is always more to learn from these questions. More to parse out. More to discuss. Join the September BR study group if you can or just meet with someone to explain LR questions. I have found that talking about the stimuli and the answer choices with people is amazing to reinforce the learning. The more you are familiar with them and recognize them, even the same questions, the better understanding you'll have and the faster you'll get.

Don't let the LSAT crush your dreams keep at it and you'll crush the LSAT!

• skiatook89-1-1skiatook89-1-1 Alum Member
    175 karma

I think the key to studying with questions you are already familiar with is to focus on proving out the answers using the fundamentals you have been learning. In other words focus on explaining in detail why the four choices are not correct - leaving you with only the right answer. Good luck - I will be taking the test for the 3rd (and hopefully last) time in November as well. You got this!