Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stuck in the mid 160s, is it possible to break 170+ before July?

_oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
edited June 2018 in General 3652 karma

I’m really concerned bc I requested 2 weeks off work before the July lsat and I don’t think I can switch the request to September without pissing off HR.
My pt scores so far have been 170, 164 (took this the next day after my first pt, bad idea), 168, 163 (terrible week at work, didn’t really study), 165.
My RC and LR have dipped but my LG is really solid now. It feels like I just don’t have enough time in the day to get everything down. Once I spent a week on RC and my RC was golden but my LR dipped. Now I’ve been really focusing on LR and my RC has dipped. I don’t know if a 2 week intensive will really give me time to get everything together...At this rate it feels like I might just have to skip this cycle idk.
I would be really happy with a 170 and maybe even a 168 could get me into my first choice.
I really wanted to hire an admissions advisor and apply early like in October but I don’t want to spend thousands of dollars just to have a couple weeks to work on my apps.

Comments

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

If you have your apps ready by the time early dec, you can also take the nov test. You wouldn’t be applying early, but you also wouldn’t be applying late. This might be worth not sitting out a year.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

@July2018Taker said:
    If you have your apps ready by the time early dec, you can also take the nov test. You wouldn’t be applying early, but you also wouldn’t be applying late. This might be worth not sitting out a year.

The school I really want to get in to recommends sending in apps before thanksgiving :neutral:

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

So what? Yeah, they recommend you to apply early and a nov test means you apply average. . I’m just saying applying average might make up for not waiting year. And still applying average is not bad.

• iamcardibriiamcardibri Alum Member
    314 karma

I'm pretty much in the exact same situation as you. Stuck in the low-mid 160s, trying to hit high 160s by July. My RC and LG also trade off with each other depending on which one I have drilled that week. I have been off from work for over a month now, trying to get my shit together. I'm registered for July and I reeeeeally need to get back to work after the July exam. Of course I would love to put off until September again but I don't think it would be financially wise.

Thus, my plan is to stick with the July test and trust the process. Keep hitting the books and doing what you're doing. I've read a lot of stories about people who have breakthroughs a week before the exam. I'm hoping that will be us too, but only time will tell if our efforts have been fruitful... I have faith that they will be!

If July doesn't go as planned then I'll take September and still apply before thanksgiving. Yes, I'll be back at work, but at least with these 2+ months of intensive studying (in your case 2 weeks of intensive studying) I would have laid a firm foundation where I think I can continue making progress through August, even if I am studying only in the evenings. That's my theory at least lol!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I would also recommend postponing if you are not hitting your target. The last thing you want to do is to leave any points on the table that you could have gained by waiting a month or so. A three point bump is way more beneficial than applying early.