Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

September or November Guidence

cdemps28cdemps28 Member
in General 9 karma

Hey Everyone,
I've been studying these last few weeks with aspirations of taking in September. After working through about a month, I feel as though what I have to do every week with the sections of the course is too strenuous that I'm burning out and struggling to find the time to PT and blind review which is essential. I've taken the LSAT two previous times both scoring in the low 150's and I really don't want to rack up the times I've taken the test and look bad for admissions. Should I hold off to take in November to allow the time to digest the course along with doing my PT and blind review so I'm more prepared or should I take in September and November and just try my best to meet this September deadline.

Thank you in advance everyone for your help!!

When Should I take the LSAT
  1. September or November25 votes
    1. September
        4.00%
    2. November
      60.00%
    3. Both dates for a total of four times
      36.00%

Comments

• jkjohnson1991jkjohnson1991 Alum Member
    766 karma

If you have any doubt about September, which it sounds like you do, wait until November. You will be better prepared. I was in the same situation, and I am almost sure that I will be waiting until November. Try to have everything else done application wise before that score comes out.

• cdemps28cdemps28 Member
    9 karma

Thank you for the advice happy to feel I’m not the only one!!

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

Don't rush into September if you're having doubts. You don't need extra pressure on yourself. :smile: it sucks to postpone or not take the test when you originally plan, but it's often better for your score in the long run.

If you feel like you're burning out, please know that it's totally fine to take a break! Whether it's a day or a week, taking a break can really get you back in the swing of things (it did for me!)

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Prepare as if you’re taking in sept. either way. I think ppl have the tendency to push back but then really slack in the meantime and so wind up in the same situation as they found themselves in to start. This is a bromide, but really be vigilant of it. It’s really difficult to make studying a consistent priority when you think you have two months extra time

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited June 2018 2531 karma

Try your best to be ready for September without burning out. Getting those applications in by October is important. Even though December applications won't hurt you too much, October is much better.

That being said, if the PT average of the last 3 PT's that you take prior to the test is below what you want to be scoring then I'd recommend that you postpone.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I was originally planning on taking in September but November is more realistic. I really want to submit apps early but I might have to wait until early December to submit once scores are released. It sucks but it's better to have a higher score and apply slightly later than to submit earlier with a lower score. I really wish there was an October test. That would be perfect.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I'd probably wait as long as you can to see if you will be ready for September.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

When I read your question I sensed you wanted to wait for the other lsat not the sept one. That was my initial impression; if you already feel burnt out spread it out more then take it at a later date, the early word doesn't always get the worm. Also see how you are scoring vs how you would like to score ( indicator on whether you should postpone ) good luck

• cdemps28cdemps28 Member
    9 karma

Thank you all for the responses!!

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

@Emily2122 said:
    I was originally planning on taking in September but November is more realistic. I really want to submit apps early but I might have to wait until early December to submit once scores are released. It sucks but it's better to have a higher score and apply slightly later than to submit earlier with a lower score. I really wish there was an October test. That would be perfect.

I second this. That's the perfect time especially as a student before hitting the rush of exams and mid-semester papers. I took the December exam and it was terrible. The end of semester assignments, projects, papers, and exams + the LSAT?! The WORST lol

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

@cdemps28 I'm having some doubts too. I was going to see how I felt in mid-July. I really don't want to wait until November because I'd hate to have the same thing happen to me (December is hectic for me in school). I'm just about done the CC but I feel like I still have my weaknesses and anxieties to overcome. Keep pushing and feel free to message me! It feels good knowing I'm not the only one feeling this way.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Slow your roll, as my mom would say. Seriously, take a breather. You need to approach this energized and ready to go. If you are dreading it, it is less likely that you will learn as much as you can. You can do it! Just cut down a bit and prep for November. (No, November is not too late. Just have you apps 100% completed and uploaded and the time scores come out.)

• LAWYEREDLAWYERED Alum Member
    335 karma

@JustDoIt said:
    Slow your roll, as my mom would say. Seriously, take a breather. You need to approach this energized and ready to go. If you are dreading it, it is less likely that you will learn as much as you can. You can do it! Just cut down a bit and prep for November. (No, November is not too late. Just have you apps 100% completed and uploaded and the time scores come out.)

Hey! What do you mean "have your apps 100% completed and uploaded at the time scores come out"? Once scores come out, does that mean we can submit our applications immediately?