Templates

Hey everyone. I'm in the RC section of the CC currently and was wondering if anyone has access to the "template" that @"Accounts Playable" references in his webinar? I can't seem to locate where it is. Thanks a lot!

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

It should be under the vast majority of the RC video explanations. To be more exact, you should be able to find at least one if you look at a test in the 60's under passages 3 or 4. Hope this helps!

If you can't find it I can send you one of mine.

• 381 karma

Damn I can't seem to locate it! Maybe its because I don't have Ultimate +...do you mind sending me one of yours @JustDoIt? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

Here is Account playable's from 68-1-1
    Breakdown:
    Paragraph 1: The corrido is a narrative folk song that used familiar and conventional conventions regarding the Border region.

Paragraph 2: The stories are often simple and swift, and they generally use very little imagery. When they do decide to use metaphors, the subject matter of the metaphor is familiar.

Paragraph 3: Corridos also have similar closing lines that are reused in other corridos.

MP: Corridos are folk songs that use familiar subject matter and reused elements.

Tone: The author doesn’t really show a lot of attitude in this passage. Line 52 does indicate that he thinks corridos are unique.

Viewpoints: Some contrast between corridos and Spanish ballads.

Structure: Paragraph 1 gives some context about corridos. Paragraphs 2-3 give more details about common elements in corridos. This passage is highly descriptive.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Here is an example which you can see with your Premium account :) :
    https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-58-section-2-passage-1-passage/

• 381 karma

Thanks a lot for the responses guys. Really appreciate it.

• 381 karma

Hey guys. So this may be a dumb question but if you're doing the template above its supposed to be done from straight memory right? No looking back on the passage? Thanks

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

@ColinTurner610 said:
    Hey guys. So this may be a dumb question but if you're doing the template above its supposed to be done from straight memory right? No looking back on the passage? Thanks

I personally refer to the passage. I make these during my blind review. It's very useful if you are doing the memory method, because you can compare your timed, and untimed thought processes.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

I think you can use a combination of both. I generally use memory for low-res and for high-res I might look back at the passage for the key words. For structure, tone, and MP it's probably best to try to do it without referring to the passage though.