Thinking LSAT - NYC class

LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
in General 2134 karma

Hi all - the folks at the Thinking LSAT are having a two-day NYC class at the end of the month. I'm debating if I should register for it. I would love the opportunity of classroom instruction (albeit its only two days). Has anyone taken their classes before? If so, any thoughts, critiques?

Comments

• lsat4lifelsat4life Alum Member
    255 karma

They hate on 7sage a ton.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Haha itr's true, @Luminate. They really bag on all the prep courses including 7sage and Blueprint. It's funny. I've heard them be negative about BR, reading for structure in RC, and saving later PTs for close to test date. I do think they can be helpful though and if you can afford it (not sure what the cost is) it could be fun to meet in person with instructors and other LSAT students. I would just be wary about them bagging on 7sage methods. Whatever you are comfortable with that helps you is the best method!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Oh gosh I had no idea! Thanks for letting me know @Luminate and @"Leah M B". I just listened to one of their podcasts today and thought it was hilarious. They are definitely very blunt in their comments. The cost is $395 but considering I've spent so much money on this test already I'm rather careful with what else I spend it on. Thanks so much for your thoughts ladies.

• OMG! $395.00 for two days? dang! Well I guess that sort of makes sense. 7sage is so much more cost efficient and probably what they are going to say is probably already in 7sage's curriculum or pretty similar. I was listening to them awhile ago, but stopped. One of them said that they hate dogs!!! WHAT? How do you hate dogs? That's why I stopped listening. I'm totally joking :). Also, I think one of them...maybe Ben was going to start a law school himself? I wonder what the progress is on that?

• helentang02helentang02 Alum Member
    edited August 2018 246 karma

I am currently taking the SF course with Nathan Fox.

Not sure if the NY class is organized in the same way but so far, Saturday and Sunday consisted of 2 full sections timed with thorough review. Also, there is time throughout the class to ask about any and all of your LSAT, law school admissions, paying for law school, specializations, etc. The course I am taking came with books full of real LSAT questions that you can use to drill with explanations, access to videos with explanations to all sections of the test and a extra help session (office hour style) on a different day.

I find it helpful to be in class because studying can be very lonely/stressful and it keeps you focused on LSAT prep for over 4 hours. On my own I take many breaks....this course is my LSAT bootcamp/final push before the September exam.

I would use this course as a supplement. I still stick to 7Sage for LG and I still take practice tests and BR them after. Also the explanations used were not too far off from what I already learned from 7Sage, so you are able to tailor what you know and works for you at the same time.

I would say if you want the in-classroom experience I would definitely take it!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@helentang02 said:
    I am currently taking the SF course with Nathan Fox.

Not sure if the NY class is organized in the same way but so far, Saturday and Sunday consisted of 2 full sections timed with thorough review. Also, there is time throughout the class to ask about any and all of your LSAT, law school admissions, paying for law school, specializations, etc. The course I am taking came with books full of real LSAT questions that you can use to drill with explanations, access to videos with explanations to all sections of the test and a extra help session (office hour style) on a different day.

I find it helpful to be in class because studying can be very lonely/stressful and it keeps you focused on LSAT prep for over 4 hours. On my own I take many breaks....this course is my LSAT bootcamp/final push before the September exam.

I would use this course as a supplement. I still stick to 7Sage for LG and I still take practice tests and BR them after. Also the explanations used were not too far off from what I already learned from 7Sage, so you are able to tailor what you know and works for you at the same time.

I would say if you want the in-classroom experience I would definitely take it!

That's great, thank you for this. I'm awful at self-study too so it would be nice to be in a classroom with people for a change. I'm not crazy about the price so still debating if I should do it.

• helentang02helentang02 Alum Member
    246 karma

I totally understand about the price. I am sure whatever you decide you'll do great come test day!