Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experiences w/ Tutoring

MGuFutureJDMGuFutureJD Member
in General 24 karma

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has had experiences with LSAT tutoring. How many tutoring hours did you purchase? Did you have any issues with learning different strategies (from what 7Sage teaches)? What about materials? Did you have to purchase additional materials that your tutor preferred?

I really wish 7Sage offered this service (unless they do and I I've totally missed it).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Hey there - yes, 7Sage has approved tutors - check out the link below.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/4760/7sages-approved-tutors/p1

I used Sami for a few months. We met once a week, sometimes twice a week. I specifically wanted to hire someone that knew the 7Sage curriculum. I highly recommend Sami but feel free to go through the list of tutors to see who is best for you.

There were no extra materials that we used, just the 7Sage cours, and we met online. Good luck!

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited August 2018 2531 karma

I would recommend finding a tutor, but you should probably wait until you are fully confident in your fundamentals, have finished the CC and have a few PT's under your belt. You will get the most value from a tutor if you work with them on things that aren't already available in the 7sage curriculum, on the forums or in the webinars.

I worked with Josh from the 7sage list and he did an excellent job of showing me my weaknesses and diagnosing some problems that I was having. That being said, I feel like I would have gotten a lot less out of my sessions had I gone to him at an earlier point in my studies. You want to be competent with the material and understand the test enough to ask the right questions.

Obviously if you have unlimited money, work with a tutor ASAP. These tips are about how to put yourself in the best position to get value from your tutor.

• MGuFutureJDMGuFutureJD Member
    24 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    Hey there - yes, 7Sage has approved tutors - check out the link below.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/4760/7sages-approved-tutors/p1

I used Sami for a few months. We met once a week, sometimes twice a week. I specifically wanted to hire someone that knew the 7Sage curriculum. I highly recommend Sami but feel free to go through the list of tutors to see who is best for you.

There were no extra materials that we used, just the 7Sage cours, and we met online. Good luck!

Thank you for sharing this amazing resource!

• MGuFutureJDMGuFutureJD Member
    24 karma

@Ohnoeshalpme said:
    I would recommend finding a tutor, but you should probably wait until you are fully confident in your fundamentals, have finished the CC and have a few PT's under your belt. You will get the most value from a tutor if you work with them on things that aren't already available in the 7sage curriculum, on the forums or in the webinars.

I worked with Josh from the 7sage list and he did an excellent job of showing me my weaknesses and diagnosing some problems that I was having. That being said, I feel like I would have gotten a lot less out of my sessions had I gone to him at an earlier point in my studies. You want to be competent with the material and understand the test enough to ask the right questions.

Obviously if you have unlimited money, work with a tutor ASAP. These tips are about how to put yourself in the best position to get value from your tutor.

You make a great point. Thank you! I'm nearly done with the CC, so I think I will wait until after.