Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Links in Resume?

Hi all!
I have a lot of online articles that I have written and want to include them in some way but also don't want to bog down my resume with hyperlinks. Does anyone have experience with this? Do I include them? Or is there a way that I can get them all in one place with one link?

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited August 2018 2124 karma

I don't know how much adcomms would venture into looking up the links you attach, but to prevent it from being all over the place, is it possible to create a website to showcase your articles?

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yeah, I'd say if you wanted to create a portfolio site and include the address in your resume header, it might be nice. Since there are multiple uploads involved, I wouldn't count on hyperlinks actually working properly by the time they reach the adcoms. Your best bet would probably be just to include the publication info in your resume, and then possibly create a portfolio site where you can have hyperlinks to the articles. I doubt most adcoms would actually read them to be honest. They might click through, given the opportunity, just to skim it and see the quality. But they have a lot of material to go through, so I'm not sure they would even dig that deep.

• qwerty23qwerty23 Member
    29 karma

@Kermit750 yeah, it's more just to have links there as a confidence projection thing I don't think they'd look them up. I might look into making a quick portfolio website, though I don't know if making one can be "quick"... thanks!

@"Leah M B" Yeah that makes sense, thanks :)