Question videos / images

buckmartinbuckmartin Alum Member
in General 91 karma

I just noticed that the problem sets in the CC have images instead of videos for the individual questions. I really liked the video format to help with my timing for completing the questions. Plus, the new images are much larger and don't fit within the computer screen. Is this a permanent change?

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Oh interesting. I hadn't seen that. I personally never played the videos so that part doesn't bother me. But it is a bummer that the question and all answer choices don't fit on one screen, you have to scroll to see part of it. I'm guessing it might have something to do with LSAC licensing. @akistotle do you know anything about this change?

I guess the easiest solution is that there is also the printable option, then you can have them all in front of you.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Not sure you should worry about timing your first pass through the CC in any case. Make sure that you are reaching an understanding of the question and confirming why the correct answer choice is correct. Also there’s no uniform timing in LR when compared to RC or LG. If the question clicks it can take 20 seconds and if it doesn’t click then you should just skip it and come back. All this to say, timing around the one minute thirty seconds seems unnecessary.

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma

@buckmartin That's odd, they should definitely fit within your screen. I think your browser may be caching the old formatting. Please try doing a few force-refreshes: cmd+shift+r on Mac and ctrl+shift+r on Windows

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited August 2018 9377 karma

Thanks for tagging @"Leah M B"!

It’s new and it’s faster to load. And it fixed some bugs! As @"Alan Cheuk" says, it should fit the screen. @buckmartin, can you give me examples of the pages where the question images don't fit within the computer screen?

As for the timing, I totally agree with @Ohnoeshalpme. The questions are not supposed to be done in 1.5-ish minutes.

edited August 2018 8392 karma

I definitely like the images better than video, the videos didn't always load for me. And when they did, it was usually slow.

But yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. Some of the questions fit, but some of them I have to scroll to be able to see all of it. I tried refreshing as you suggested @"Alan Cheuk" but still display like this. It's not every question, just some of the longer ones. I'm using Chrome on a 13" Macbook Pro if that helps.

(cc @akistotle )

Here's one from the MSS problem set 1:

Deleted (LSAC-copyright material). Thanks Leah though!

This is the most I can see at a time on this one:

Deleted (LSAC-copyright material).

edited August 2018 3075 karma

@"Leah M B" @buckmartin Sorry, I misunderstood the issue! I thought you meant the questions were too wide for the screen. The images are made to fit within width of the screen, so you shouldn't have to scroll horizontally, even on small devices like smartphones.

They do not scale to prevent vertical scrolling though. On wide devices like laptop browsers, the images are set so that the text in the question image is approximately the same size as the text on the website. Some questions and all RC passages are very long, so if images were scaled to fit inside the screen vertically, the font size would be too small on some devices. I thought that vertical scrolling would be okay because that's how most content on the Internet is shown.

It's probably not exactly what you are looking for, but to scale down the images so that more fits on the screen, you could:

• Use cmd+minus (Mac) / ctrl+minus (Windows) to make everything smaller

• Make the window more narrow. This will cause the image to scale down to fit the narrow width.

Do either of these workarounds help? Please let me know if it's still a problem, we want to get this working well!

• LouisLittLouisLitt Member
    66 karma

I really like the images versus the "silent videos". I am having a lot of difficulties now with videos not loading at all. Please consider going back to images.

8392 karma

Whoops - sorry guys, totally didn't think about the copyright thing. Just wanted to show what we were looking at. Haha. MY BAD.

@"Alan Cheuk" I meant to come back and try some of these, but as @LouisLitt said, looks like we're back to videos? It's kind of a toss up for me, I agree that the videos are really slow to load and I've had days where some of them just won't load at all. I liked the images a lot better for that. But ideally, if they could just be sized smaller or somehow fit the browser so we could see all of it at the same time, it would be so helpful! It's a little difficult when you can't see an answer choice and the stimulus at the same time - hard to reference back and forth if needed.

But thank you guys for always trying to improve the service! It's much appreciated. :)

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@LouisLitt @"Leah M B"

Sorry! Things got mixed up, and it's fixed now :)

3075 karma

@"Leah M B" Thanks for the feedback, we reduced the maximum image size so you should be able to fit about 50% more on the screen at a time.