Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Re: Law School Forums - 7Sage Forum

Re: Law School Forums

Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
in General 410 karma

Hey!

Wondering if anyone has attended one(+) of LSAC's law school forums and if yes, what your experience was like?

Also, is there a way to find out which schools will be attending the forum you're interested in? If so, how can I access that?

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 2124 karma

I think the best way to know what schools would be attending the forum is by checking the schools recruitment schedule, which is often on their website. Otherwise, you won't know until you get there.

I think the LSAC forums are beneficial for getting face time with school reps, plus you're likely to get fee waivers from schools. Getting wavers depends on the individual schools. Some give them automatically just for showing up to their table, some expect to have a meaningful conversation with you before they give it to you. Some schools don't give any. Either way it's more money saved. Additionally, they have informational sessions, on the application process, financing law school, and taking the LSAT. I didn't really gain much from these sessions, but definitely interacting with the schools and the fee waivers were the highlight for me.

• mizbanismizbanis Member
    55 karma

I just went to the one in Toronto yesterday, and there were a few things I found particularly useful. First, they had a panel of lawyers and one happened to be in the field I hope to practice in, so I had the opportunity to speak to her more about her career path and any advice she may have - I think this is particularly useful for students who do not have access to any lawyers through their current network. Second, I got to ask those really specific questions that I would have otherwise had to email about. They also gave me contact info, campus tour dates, and information about their own admissions info days. If you check the LSAC website, click on the event you want to go to, you should find a link titled "all JD schools participating" and there you will find the list.