Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC Announces Digital LSAT Launch Schedule

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited November 2018 in General 14050 karma

"LSAT will be fully digital in North America starting September 2019"

Full press release here:
https://www.lsac.org/about/news/lsac-announces-digital-lsat-launch-schedule

The press release strongly implies that starting in Sept. 2019, there won't be an option to take paper LSATs anymore. (Maybe they'll offer the paper test as an accommodation?)

It did not specify whether there will be the option to have scratch paper (for LG).

Good news is that they're offering it 9 times a year starting in 2019-2020.

The LSAC is making the July 15, 2019 test a special transition test where students get to see their scores first before deciding to cancel! That's huge. You should sign up to take the July test. I don't think they're extending this option to other LSAT administrations.

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Better make sure I'm done before Sept 2019 then lol

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14050 karma

@keets993 Ha, yes.

• edited October 2018 534 karma

Personally, I did one of the LSAT digital field tests last year and I wasn't a fan. That being said, I've also always preferred to read from physical paper (i.e. paper books) than from digital devices (eBooks) so maybe others will like it.

14050 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" I understand and agree.

I think the LSAC was strongly motivated by near-instant delivery of test scores, which is something test takers value highly and something that GRE offers, to go digital. Fast score release is a logistical hurdle difficult for paper tests to overcome.

Would you prefer paper test and slow score release or digital test and near-instant score release?

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    edited October 2018 770 karma

Yeah, I mean I can't think of a single standardized exam, from the MCAT, USMLE, GRE, GMAT, etc that isn't administered on the computer at Prometric centers. With the LSAT, I have flashbacks to when I was in high school taking the paper-based SATs and ACT.

Seems like LSAC decided to join modern society and finally discovered computers, haha.

• WOW. this is crazy. I wonder if you will be able to draw on the computer screen- like underlining premises and conclusions? What about logic games? does anyone have any insight on this? thanks! :)

edited October 2018 14050 karma
  • HemingwayHemingway Alum Member
    177 karma

I would much rather take the test in paper form and wait for scores. The LSAT to me just doesn't feel like a digital test. But I am biased because I prefer reading from paper in general.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Wow! I don't know how I feel about it. Well, either way I'm pretty much done in November (ok, maybe Jan). I do think that instant scores are a great idea though - and cancelling after you see it, that is golden. I mean, who else waits 6 weeks for scores for a major test?!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    edited October 2018 8392 karma

Gosh... I mean, I know this is the modern way to take a test but I really can't imagine doing it this way. It totally blows up the test taking strategies so many of us have worked on... circling questions, writing notations, I don't know how you'd skip questions and know which ones to come back to? I guess if you left them blank? I know it's old school, but I would totally rather have paper and slower scores. It just feels like you have more control over paper. (Granted, I don't totally understand why the current scores are so slow. Don't those just get run them through a scantron machine? Seems like the weeks they take to process is a bit much.)

Also, if scores are instant, what's the cancellation process going to be? Do you have to cancel during the test? Or maybe that won't be an option anymore?

• Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
    517 karma

The LSAC can still see that you took the LSAT even if you cancel it, right? So all canceling does is hide the score?

14050 karma

@Gunningfor121 I presume canceling works the same as it does now.
    @"Leah M B" Skipping, at least, seems to be easier to implement on the new platform. At the bottom of the display, you can see which questions you answered and which you skipped. They even have a "flag" you can use to "circle" questions you're unsure about.

• lsatbeastmodelsatbeastmode Alum Member
    51 karma

For those of us who are unaware, what is the way canceling works now? Is the score shown as "cancelled"? Or just completely as if the test was never taken?

8392 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    @Gunningfor121 I presume canceling works the same as it does now.
    @"Leah M B" Skipping, at least, seems to be easier to implement on the new platform. At the bottom of the display, you can see which questions you answered and which you skipped. They even have a "flag" you can use to "circle" questions you're unsure about.

Ah, that's cool. I think what also throws me off about the digital is how you can't practice using the platform at home. Are there any sort of ways to preview the system? Things like that I would guess would be incorporated into the beginning instructions on test day. Just a bummer that, unlike with paper, you also can't truly take a PT in the exact same manner as test day. Seems like there might be more discrepancies between PT scores and test day scores.

Spivey mentioned on twitter though (noting that it was speculation only), they think that the option to see your score before choosing whether to cancel will extend beyond July 2019. So, that would be nice at least if that's true.

edited October 2018 770 karma

Couple good miscellaneous things about computerized tests for those who haven't had experience with them

-You don't really have to worry about bad proctor/time issues. I would assume they would put the time on the computer screen (at least that was my experience with all the other computer tests I took). The computer will automatically end the section when the time is up, so you don't have to worry about the proctor calling time early/late, etc either.

-Also, I feel like the whole experience is much less nerve-wrecking when you're on your own taking a test on the computer, as opposed to the whole group thing/experience that comes with paper tests.
    Once you start the computer exam, you're kind of on your own, and within the time limits of the exam, you go on your own pace. You don't have to wait for others to start the exam, you take your break when your allotted break time comes, no mass movements, etc.

I don't know, that's just me.

• @"J.Y. Ping" said:
    @"Michaela.Pratt1" I understand and agree.

I think the LSAC was strongly motivated by near-instant delivery of test scores, which is something test takers value highly and something that GRE offers, to go digital. Fast score release is a logistical hurdle difficult for paper tests to overcome.

Would you prefer paper test and slow score release or digital test and near-instant score release?

Personally, I would prefer a paper test and slow score release because I found it much more difficult to preform to the highest degree of my abilities on the digital test. The discomfort definitely showed in my results (they didn't give us scores, but they sent us the test/our incorrect answers and I performed significantly below my PTs and eventual real exam). Getting an immediate score that is worse is not worth it; I'd rather wait and sweat it out for a better score.

• @tekken1225 said:
    Couple good miscellaneous things about computerized tests for those who haven't had experience with them

-You don't really have to worry about bad proctor/time issues. I would assume they would put the time on the computer screen (at least that was my experience with all the other computer tests I took). The computer will automatically end the section when the time is up, so you don't have to worry about the proctor calling time early/late, etc either.

-Also, I feel like the whole experience is much less nerve-wrecking when you're on your own taking a test on the computer, as opposed to the whole group thing/experience that comes with paper tests.
    Once you start the computer exam, you're kind of on your own, and within the time limits of the exam, you go on your own pace. You don't have to wait for others to start the exam, you take your break when your allotted break time comes, no mass movements, etc.

I don't know, that's just me.

Maybe they'll change this, but we were all made to go at the same pace and to start sections at the same time on my Digital LSAT field test last year. It was essentially the same vibe and rules that exist now except you were working off a tablet at your desk instead of a paper test. There were no desktop computers in a computer lab or anything like that.

770 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

Maybe they'll change this, but we were all made to go at the same pace and to start sections at the same time on my Digital LSAT field test last year. It was essentially the same vibe and rules that exist now except you were working off a tablet at your desk instead of a paper test. There were no desktop computers in a computer lab or anything like that.

Oh man, then that sucks. Hope that won't be the case.

• Ellie0257Ellie0257 Member
    200 karma

Wow this is so helpful to know- thank you for posting this!

• VibrioVibrio Alum Member
    edited October 2018 625 karma

"The LSAT will be fully digital in North America starting in September 2019. We’ve planned this transition carefully to ensure candidates have all the information they need to decide their preferred testing schedule" said Kellye Testy, President and CEO of LSAC.

North America, ha. Us internationals waiting around to see if there is even a test date beyond January 2019. :neutral:

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

SOOOOO glad I am done with the LSAT (hopefully). I can not imagine taking this on a tablet, I mark up every section like its my job.

8392 karma

@Vibrio said:
    "The LSAT will be fully digital in North America starting in September 2019. We’ve planned this transition carefully to ensure candidates have all the information they need to decide their preferred testing schedule" said Kellye Testy, President and CEO of LSAC.

North America, ha. Us internationals waiting around to see if there is even a test date beyond January 2019. :neutral:

Oh yeah... I guess for those of us close to the border, I could always swing up north and take a paper test in BC! Haha.

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

RIP Amazon pencil market lol

• So cool that J.Y responded to my comment. I feel like I've been touched by greatness <3.

• rnwangumarnwanguma Alum Member
    160 karma

I knew this was coming. It was about time LSAC get with the times. However, how in the world do logic games work on a digital test? Can anyone who took the field test give me some insight?

• lsatjourneylsatjourney Member
    edited October 2018 207 karma

I took the digital LSAT. It is for some reason quicker to take however there is this dis-attached feeling from the test itself. They do give you scratch papers but you have to dispose it all before leaving the room. Also we had some technical issues on the tablets they gave us, so not sure how they are going to work with it - what if it malfunctions? What if it glitches, they need a tech person in each location.

For someone who has taken the digital test, I don't think this will stick. But at the same time, how long do we continue with this whole paper thing. I rather take the test and get my scores asap then do it on paper and get it 3 weeks later.

• @lsatjourney said:
    I took the digital LSAT and wrote a piece on it. It is for some reason quicker to take however there is this dis-attached feeling from the test itself. They do give you scratch papers but you have to dispose it all before leaving the room. Also we had some technical issues on the tablets they gave us, so not sure how they are going to work with it - what if it malfunctions? What if it glitches, they need a tech person in each location.

For someone who has taken the digital test, I don't think this will stick. But at the same time, how long do we continue with this whole paper thing. I rather take the test and get my scores asap then do it on paper and get it 3 weeks later.

I definitely agree with everything you just said. It is hell waiting for your scores!!! I read that if you choose to cancel your score- you get to retake the LSAT FOR FREE. How cool is that?

• shahla.s-1shahla.s-1 Alum Member
    104 karma

Wrote this a year ago:

Let me be honest, hearing the word digital next to the word LSAT is daunting. So I took on the brave journey, drove 4 hours and took the 5 hours Digital test and here is my honest review.

*** I am not receiving benefits from any source or entity.***
    I am also not sure what people meant when talking about NDA. I read everything and the only thing that was mentioned was not to share the content of the test, which I haven't in this post. But ADMIN if you see anything that shouldn't be shared, please feel free to fix it

1) Overall experience:

Let me give a bit of a background. I am one of those people who have been postponing the LSAT because taking the actual test is nerve wracking, and it is almost impossible for me to take practice test because I am not discipline enough to sit that long when nobody is watching. That is my biggest struggle, the timing and sitting down for that long. So taking the actual test with LSAC proctors made it so much easier for me. Now that I have done it once I know I can make myself do it again and again (time practice tests) So the experience was definitely worth 100%. I was prepared with my watch, sharper, pencil, easer, and bunch of other stuff you need for taking the paper test, but the Digital experience is so much easier. All you need is an ID and the ticket. That's it, so bye bye to the watch, pencil and all that stuff that you have to worry about. Take all that out of the equation.

2) Pros

Bye Bye to bubbling! YESSSS! The tablet is in landscape mode and at the bottom of each question is 25-28 small circles that get bubbled in automatically as you fill the questions. This definitely saved time since I didn't go back and forth between sheets.

Flagging and Elimination: If you are not sure of the question, you can flag it and go back to it if you have time remaining. On the right side of each answer choice there was an option to eliminate the answer, as well as the option to collapse the answer choice if you don't want to see it again. It will show the first like followed by .... but it takes it out of view.

Timer: There is an automatic timer that is on the right corner, its 35:00 count down. You can collapse it to hide it, but after the 5 minutes warning (which pops up automatically) you don't have an option to collapse. It was really helpful because I knew exactly when to move on without resetting my watch every section.

User Interface: We were given a pen with a stylus at the back, scratch paper and there was a table holder. The stylus response was quick and I didn't have any lagging or issue with using it. I honestly was shocked at how accurate it was, LSAC really put time and effort into designing this because I went in being very skeptical about the whole process.

Other functions: Okay so there was so many functions that you are given option to change and customize before you start the test. So there was an option to invert the colors to black and white, customize the font into small, default and large. You could change the brightness as well as other stuff that I didn't use because it was geared towards accessibility for disabilities. So these functions could be changed ahead of time before you start your test. But you had access to change them anytime during the test as well. There was a highlight function that gave you option of Yellow, Orange, Red and an underline. OHH! And an eraser function, that worked well.

Keyboard: We were given a keyboard for the writing section. Totally loved it. It was smaller than the standard keyboard but I typed and edited that essay like a boss. I know it doesn't count towards your score, but it was still a fun experience. Loved it. Even though I have a decent handwriting, my hands start cramping writing essays. So definitely a plus. And I can see how this section can weigh in more once digitalized because the admission comity will be able to read it since its typed and not hand written.

Setting and seating: I am not sure if it is going to be for all digital tests but the tables and chairs weren't the regular small separate desk things but a long desk attached with movable chairs, which were 100 times more comfortable than the standard desks. I had enough space for arm rests and didn't feel like everything was falling apart. It was so much more simpler, just one tablet that had everything built in. I didn't need gazillion pencil, watch, eraser or sharpener to keep track of.

FONT: hate how in reading section (paper version) the lines are close to each other that underlining and circling starts getting messy. So the font feature in the digital was definitely a plus. There was underling, highlighting and a eraser option. Also it was easier for me to grasp the words and sentence structure because it was clear and large enough to read. Keep in mind that I had my setting to small, and even that size was pretty decent for comprehension.

EQUAL TIME: Everyone's screen froze and started at the same time. Everyone got the exact 35 minutes, and you didn't have to worry about filling the scranton as you got closer to your 5 minutes. That equals to almost 3 minutes additional for each section! I CAN TAKE THAT!

3) Cons

Light reflection: The light from the ceiling was reflecting on the screen. I tried laying the tablet down, raised the brightness but I could still see the white lights shining on the screen. The light fixtures in universities are large and rectangular so it was taking over half my screen. Maybe if I switched my seats or if they turned it off? But I wasn't the only one having the issue, people around me were saying the same thing. It eventually faded away because I guess my eyes adjusted to it? I don't notice it at all once the timer started, I was so focused on taking the test, that it became unnoticeable.

Write or not to write: I have not taken any digital tests in the past, so, I was a bit confused on what I should be writing. For logic based LR questions I like to write stuff down but for some reason I felt moving to another platform (paper) was not coming to me as quickly. If I had prior practice than it would be more natural. The good thing was there it was a stylus pen so all you had to do was rotate the thing and start writing. I did have a difficult time with more difficult LR questions as well as Games, games are just so much easier to do on the paper it self. But again, I could train myself if I knew I was going digital.

DISENGAGEMENT: I didn't feel that connection, that test taking quickness, that feel of killing the test because I wasn't as engaged with the materials. It is psychological so I am sure one can over come it with a bit of practice. I hate the bubbling part of the paper test but love the whole writing all over the paper. So definitely a choice to make over here..

4) Quick breakdown of differences in each section on digital vs. paper?

LR section:

Paper: logic notations right next to the answer choice is key for me in the LR. I feel I can do better on paper, but at the same time if I were to practice on a scratch pad, I am sure I can work it through. It's more of me never having done that in the past.

Digital: It was really nice for them to have added an elimination and collapse feature. It was so much easier/ quicker to come down to 2 right choices and just picking one and moving on. It was FAST. Especially the 10 questions under 10 minutes, Now you might be able to easily knock 13 questions under 10 minutes. If you are someone who tends to read eliminated answer choices, than the whole collapse feature will be a magical experience. lol.

Reading section:

Paper: I hate the reading section on paper cause its so small and seems like there is so much to read! Even though writing and circling is more engaging. I prefer the digital version for the reading section.

Digital: In the digital version of the reading section, there was another feature added: You had 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 numbers that you could drop down through out the passage and use them as notation. So you could think of 1 as main point, 2 as opposing etc. In addition to that there was all the highlight and underline feature. So the standard option was a dual thing where the passage was on the side and question on the right side. You could scroll the passage and do the questions one by one. OR you had an option to read the passage as a whole without any questions on the page, do your highlight and number marking stuff and then move to the passage/question thing. IN ADDITION. Instead of looking for the number lines, they highlighted the words in the passage in blue, corresponding to the question. So if I had a question about a specific word in the passage, it was automatically highlighted in blue, it helped me so much. Because I am already super slow in RC and looking for number lines and all that throws me off a bit. Also cause I am being tested on the content, not on freaking find the corresponding line! So yes, I love the RC in digital so much better. ALSO, I am not not sure if it was just easier material but honestly it was so much easier to read it in the digital format, it didn't seem lengthy or intimidating. I was able to color code opposing points, with different colors. It was very easy to change colors and it honestly changed my whole RC experience. I knew exactly when the topic changed cause of the way I highlighted them using three different highlighters plus underlining. I did spend 8 minutes on the first two passages cause I was playing around with color..lol.

Game section:

Paper: Love it, you all know how it is.

Digital: HATED IT, I don't know what I was doing. I was thrown off completely BUT again, if I practiced digital I could have done better. Again, the whole being engaged with the paper thing. If you are a engaged paper kind of person. DO PAPER. I on the other hand am willing to go digital once I get some practice with it.

5) Recommendations to future test takers when making a choice of digital vs. paper?

So it is honestly a preference thing. I am a 90's kid, so I went through middle school doing everything in paper and pencil, it was only later that I got exposed to assignments on computer. If you are from the generation that grew up doing everything on computer, I say this is for you. With a little practice on digital you can Ace this LSAT with no issue at all. Try out the digital version stuff LSAC is offering online to play around with. It it honestly not that bad at but it can throw you off if you have no idea or any experience with such testing methods.

If you are someone who likes to be engaged with paper and it really helps you come up with the answers by jotting down stuff, then go for paper. If you don't mind bubbling and the watch and pencils and erasers, stick to paper. However, I would recommend trying RC and LR digitally to see how you feel about those sections, if those are your weak areas going digital might be something you want to explore more. I think going digital gives you more time, overall.

Wether or not the LSAT goes completely Digital at some point. I am not worried about our adaptive skills as humans. Time over time have we have adapted to all situations (for GOD's sake, we trained ourself to take the LSAT in the first place). So we are very capable of training ourself to perform equally well if not better. We have amazing resources in our hands, the question is if we are willing to accept the change and take the time to tweak our testing methodologies.

There are so many benefits for the digital LSAT. The cost to take the test might reduce, which may end up being more cost effective. It might be offered more often and the results revealed sooner. This opens doors to a lot more people coming from different background --> resulting in diversity within the field of law.

So, to everyone who is freaking out and worried about it, you will be more than fine, I promise.

770 karma

@"LSAT Warrior Princess" said:
    So cool that J.Y responded to my comment. I feel like I've been touched by greatness <3.

Ah man, I want that too. Alas, it did not happen. :(

8392 karma

@"shahla.s-1" Can you elaborate a bit more on the digital LG? What exactly did you hate about it? How was the set up? Was it similar to RC where you could see the game set up alongside each question?

And as for scratch paper, you mentioned you were given some. Did you have that for the whole test or only for LG?

• @tekken1225 said:

@"LSAT Warrior Princess" said:
    So cool that J.Y responded to my comment. I feel like I've been touched by greatness <3.

Ah man, I want that too. Alas, it did not happen. :(

Hang in there- it will happen!! :smiley:

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

I hate this and hope I’ll make it through this cycle without needing a retake next year!! Why not make the test on paper but the answer sheet digital. Instant score results, but no eye strain from staring at the computer. I feel like this will cause neuro issues from everyone taking PTs on the computer. I wonder if people who get chronic migraines or vertigo will get accommodations of a paper test.

• GenGen85GenGen85 Free Trial Member
    53 karma

I don't like that at all I hope i won't have t retake it are November. I feel like it going to take way more time than 35 minutes per section. What happens when you need to highlight or underline? you'll have to make a switch? that will take so much time!

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Should we expect lower scores for next cycle?

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Is there a possibility them issuing each student a stylus pen, maybe?

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited October 2018 2531 karma

@lsatplaylist said:

I still don't think this solves the problem. Especially for LG where you need to be able to reference your master game..

I actually have no idea how you could do logic games in a totally (non-stylus) digital form. I am all for removing it and just adding in another LR section lol

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@oshun1 said:
    Why not make the test on paper but the answer sheet digital. Instant score results, but no eye strain from staring at the computer.

Because that makes sense..? I dunno.

My concern is with scrolling back and forth. I did the digital writing sample at home test that they just ran. I hated that I had to keep scrolling up and down when I wanted to double check a point. I wasted so much time there. It is so much easier to underline a bit, write out some points on scratch, and then write the paper. It was pretty much the reading and a box to type in, and one scroll bar that scrolled the whole page. Yuck. And I have done a ton of online classwork and testing. Just.. doesn't feel right at all. Not under current conditions, time limits, and question forms.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Forgive my grammar. I am tired, and I had a major malfunction on a final tonight that has to be cleared and redone tomorrow. Nothing quite like the horror of computer malfunctions.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited October 2018 9377 karma

I guess it will be difficult to simulate the test day conditions because we don’t know what kind of tablet they are going to use. I hope LSAC let us practice with the interface on their website..... And I thought there would be more transition period...!

@Vibrio said:

Yea... Maybe test centers outside North America will keep using paper-based undisclosed tests!? :neutral:

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

Wow LSAC is really stressing

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

@Ohnoeshalpme said:

@lsatplaylist said:

I still don't think this solves the problem. Especially for LG where you need to be able to reference your master game..

I actually have no idea how you could do logic games in a totally (non-stylus) digital form. I am all for removing it and just adding in another LR section lol

A good point.

• LawSkewlProbsLawSkewlProbs Alum Member
    103 karma

Legal documents are available in paper form and in digital documents. I would say it is unfair to administer these in only digital form. Why not provide an option, if anything. I think scores will take a dive. I like being able to write on the paper when doing RC. I am not a fan of highlighting a computer screen. They should allow more time for the test in this format as it will take more time to shuffle your eyes to your scrap paper and back and forth.

• benyash91benyash91 Free Trial Member
    13 karma

I would like to formally congratulate the LSAT on entering the 21st Century.

Here are some thoughts I have:
    RC- Research shows that reading is around 25% slower from a computer screen than from paper.
    LG- Can't imagine using a digital format, but not impossible with scratch paper.
    LR- Hmm, I make slight notations, not sure how it will effect LR.
    NO SCANTRON- No bubbling? Heck yea! Typing the essay? Heck yea!
    Being able to see your score before canceling?? That is a serious advantage, and I hope anyone that can pushes themselves to take advantage.

Good luck everyone!

• Ahmad H_MAhmad H_M Alum Member
    14 karma

What if they just give you a tablet that has the bubble sheet on it and instead of making it all exclusively paper or electronic they could make it a hybrid between the two.

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma

Jy please get on this because I'm about to explode.

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma

The methods and strategies are all the same. You cant lose what you've fought tooth and nail to learn. We just have to get use to the interface.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

Is it most strongly supported that international LSATs may stay paper-based 2019 to 2020??????

• LSAThater-liteLSAThater-lite Alum Member
    31 karma

Wow. It takes me days to write an essay on the computer but I can do timed handwritten essays like nobody's business. Blank white screens give me writer's block. Now I HAVE to take the test by March 2019. Khan Academy has digital PTs that you should check out if you're considering the Sept. exam.

• Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma

Hate to be a killjoy, but after having taken dozens of professional exams in testing centers, it can be bothersome in terms of the testing conditions. You can be right next to someone taking an insurance exam or the exam for firefighters. People get up and leave in the middle and the proctors at the centers can be troublesome. I once had the cleaning people come in with the vacuums to clean the rugs halfway through. Not a fan.