Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

180 lsat score

Darrin.lovard.allenDarrin.lovard.allen Core Member
in General 118 karma

Any 7sagers out there with the elusive perfect score?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" scored a 180 on the actual test, and @"Cant Get Right" scored a 180 on a timed PT IIRC

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Imagining there's at least one other Sage with this credential. :)

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@lsatplaylist I'd guess there has been at some point, but unfortunately since this board is really geared just toward LSAT and admissions, most people don't stick around after they enter school. I think it's unlikely we'll hear from @"Seeking Perfection", as I'm sure he's getting settled in at Michigan right now. :)

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

Historically, only 0.01% of people get that score... so yeah, it would make sense that perhaps a few 7sagers would have this score. It'll be curious to see what kind of people get a 180, and how big a component luck is on test day, and what other factors are important.

I can't really imagine getting 180, because that just seems statistically so unlikely.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Seeking Perfection has shared a little bit about it in the past. He started out with a diagnostic around 168 or 170 I believe. His biggest weakness was LG. Used 7sage for that and got the 180 on his second take. Came from a STEM background and I can't recall but think he maybe had some training in formal logic, so the LSAT seemed to really fit his strengths coming into it.

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    edited August 2018 285 karma

The name "Seeking Perfection" is highly appropriate then!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27890 karma

Eh, nailing it on a PT was a lot funner. 7Sage pops up this crazy video and it’s very exciting. You think LSAC does that? No way.

• 180lsatgroup180lsatgroup Alum Member
    34 karma

I've managed a handful of 180 PT's, a couple this past week.
    July score is a few points below. Re-taking in Sep.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@180lsatgroup said:
    I've managed a handful of 180 PT's, a couple this past week.
    July score is a few points below. Re-taking in Sep.

What? Why??? What can you do with a 180 or 179 that you can't do with a 177 or 176? I guess you have to live up to your user name...

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited October 2018 4428 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    @lsatplaylist I'd guess there has been at some point, but unfortunately since this board is really geared just toward LSAT and admissions, most people don't stick around after they enter school. I think it's unlikely we'll hear from @"Seeking Perfection", as I'm sure he's getting settled in at Michigan right now. :)

Yeah, I was getting settled in at Michigan Law which I have liked so far.

When your getting 175+ scores pretty regularly it is probably mostly a matter of luck whether you hit 180 on any given day. I did it once in practice and once on a real test so twice out of about 80 PTs. 40 of those tests or so were probably after I had pretty much got close to peak testing form and was almost always 175+. So it wasn't statistically impossible, but was still unlikely enough that it wasn't a goal I was aiming for or that would have made sense to aim for. If you are above the 75ths I doubt it matters much if you have a 177 or a 180.

For me getting to that upper 170s range where I had a shot at a 180 on a good day was mostly about improving on logic games. My diagnostic was a 168. I got to a 172 on the February test after threeish weeks of study, but didn't finish the games section. I then studied logic games foolproofing pretty much all the games during the course of the summer and taking and blind reviewing all the PTs exceept 1 or 2 and scored a 180 last September missing one question.

I do think this forum and 7 sage were instrumental to me doing as well on the LSAT as I did and were a great supportive community during the admissions process. I'd like to give back to that just a tad more by helping people get a good sense of a path to do well in law school.

If anyone has any questions about Michigan Law message me and I'll answer eventually. Additionally, I'll be glad to share details of how the semester went and what preparation efforts I thought were useful when I get my first grades around January.

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

I wonder if J.Y. scored a 180. He probably did.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4428 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

@"Leah M B" said:

Yeah, I was getting settled in at Michigan Law which I have liked so far.

When your getting 175+ scores pretty regularly it is probably mostly a matter of luck whether you hit 180 on any given day. I did it once in practice and once on a real test so twice out of about 80 PTs. 40 of those tests or so were probably after I had pretty much got close to peak testing form and was almost always 175+. So it wasn't statistically impossible, but was still unlikely enough that it wasn't a goal I was aiming for or that would have made sense to aim for. If you are above the 75ths I doubt it matters much if you have a 177 or a 180.

For me getting to that upper 170s range where I had a shot at a 180 on a good day was mostly about improving on logic games. My diagnostic was a 168. I got to a 172 on the February test after threeish weeks of study, but didn't finish the games section. I then studied logic games foolproofing pretty much all the games during the course of the summer and taking and blind reviewing all the PTs exceept 1 or 2 and scored a 180 last September missing one question.

I do think this forum and 7 sage were instrumental to me doing as well on the LSAT as I did and were a great supportive community during the admissions process. I'd like to give back to that just a tad more by helping people get a good sense of a path to do well in law school.

If anyone has any questions about Michigan Law message me and I'll answer eventually. Additionally, I'll be glad to share details of how the semester went and what preparation efforts I thought were useful when I get my first grades around January.

In the unlikely event that people are waiting with baited breath to hear how my first semester went and what I thought was useful as 1 L prep you need to wait longer.

Exams are done and I am applying for jobs. However, law school exams are graded slow. I can't give much feedback on how well what I did worked without knowimg how I did. My early guess would be that Torts where I did the most prep went best, with Con Law which sort of jibed with my undergrad background being second best, and Civil Procedure being worst. I'd guess I'm probably below median in Civ Pro, near in Con Law, and hopefully above it in Torts. But for all I know everyone might feel that way. Curves are strange creatures.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

In the unlikely event that people are waiting with baited breath to hear how my first semester went and what I thought was useful as 1 L prep you need to wait longer.

Looking forward to this actual detailed post with baited breath.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

@keets993 said:

Looking forward to this actual detailed post with baited breath.

Agreed. Would definitely be interested to read bout 1L experiences.