Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old Prep Tests

Sue Doe NimbSue Doe Nimb Alum Member
in General 183 karma

Is it a bad idea to use tests prior to 34 for practice? Clearly, the LSAT has evolved quite a bit. However, I venture to guess that there is still a lot to be gained from earlier tests, even outside of LG.

Comments

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

Never a bad idea to do so. Go do them all :)

• unclesysyunclesysy Alum Member
    106 karma

IME, I found doing whole LR sections from the 20s and before less useful because there are many, many questions that are just written differently from modern LR questions. After doing many later PTs, going back and doing whole early LR sets was just plain weird and didn't feel helpful. I also found that 7Sage has picked out the most relevant early LR questions for the problem sets in the CC -- and what's leftover was less relevant.

It is worth doing early RC sections if you have time, but I did find them to be far easier than modern RC sections. For me, I was lulled into a false sense of confidence and had to force myself to move much more quickly through modern RC sections.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

Logic and flaws are all the same so I say right on for extra practice/drilling.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Very helpful. Don't discount these. They're not that different. I used them as timed sections to practice my test taking processes like skipping/timing. RC was particular helpful for developing a rythm.