Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Running out of time!

As of now I am only on section Logical Reasoning section ( Flaw-Descriptive Weakening Questions). Three sections away from just starting the logical games section and my test date is on Nov 17. I studied using the LSAT Trainer for 3 months before but bought the full 7sage study package about 3 months ago and I feel like I should just end studying logical reasoning and start logical games because I’m running out of time and haven’t had much time to do practice test. Any advice because at this rate maybe if I study like crazy I’ll finish the program with maybe one practice test done before me test date. The problem was I lost motivation for about 2 weeks and never thought about how that would throw off my study schedule.

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

You can’t really cram for the LSAT. Progress is incremental and is usually accompanied with setbacks as you hone your strategies under timed conditions. If you are taking the test in November then you need to probably take 1 timed LR/RC section every day and blind review that section (review untimed before you score the section).

You also need to do as many logic games every day as you can (repeat the games you’ve already done daily until you finish them under time).

Take a couple full PTs to feel them out. Whatever program you’re working through is probably something you can just refer to for certain question types you have trouble with when you review your timed sections. Good luck, hope this helps!

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    edited October 2018 737 karma

The January exam isn't too late for this cycle, so if you decide to withdraw and take the January LSAT instead you may be just fine. But then again, if you're still doing the CC, as it seems to me, even January's test would arguably be rushing it for you. Many people on 7Sage take a good 4-6 weeks after the CC to foolproof the LG Bundle, to which you have access as an Ultimate+ user. It would sort of be a waste of your prep package to not take advantage of that bundle and get a lot of LG foolproofing in before you take the official test. Then ideally you'd spend a few months or so (but 6-8 weeks minimum) after you finish foolproofing just taking PTs and reviewing them. You should look at the March and June 2019 LSAT administrations and plan on applying really early next cycle.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

Ok, at this point in LR, you're basically set. After you've finished flaw question, you only really need to go over Necessary Assumptions (basically the hardest and most important type of question on the LSAT), and to refine your weaknesses, which you find out by doing a PT or two, and referring to the LSAT Analytics page.
    From now on, it's probably a good idea to focus on RC and LG. Make sure you fool proof LG, if you're not consistently getting less than 2 wrong per section. This is where most people get the biggest score jump.
    To directly address your question, it really depends on your situation whether you should get into the RC lessons or not. In general, for LSAT, it's better to cover all your basis than to get really good at one section and failing another section. So it really depends on whether you need help with the RC section or not. If you're already doing well in that area, then maybe you can skip it and focus on LG and LR, but if not, then I would start learning about the RC section ASAP. Again, you can only find out be doing a timed PT.
    General rules of thumb: one, at least take a few PTs before the test to get use to the timing and and pressure of the real test, and to learn which questions are your weakest; two, you should rotate your focus between LG/LR/RC every few days, or even every day, because it's easy to forget things you've learned if you stop using after a few days. If I were you, I would spend the rest of the month focusing on a different section every day, and trying to cover the areas I am weakest in the core curriculum, and taking a PT ASAP to figure out which areas I need to work on the most to understand the most cost-efficient areas of study.

Just do what you can, but yeah, as the others have already stated, if you're planning to take the Nov LSAT at this point, I hope you do well, but be realistic about your expectations. For most people, the LSAT takes time to absorb, months and often even years. Hopefully you can take a later test if this one doesn't go perfectly. Best of luck~