Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the best study tools

kaliyahedwardskaliyahedwards Free Trial Member
in General 4 karma

hi everyone, what would you suggest are the best study tools to prepare for the LSAT. i am currently using the lsat prep offered by the khan academy online but i’m not sure how effective it is. i plan on retaking the lsat in january

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@kaliyahedwards said:
    hi everyone, what would you suggest are the best study tools to prepare for the LSAT. i am currently using the lsat prep offered by the khan academy online but i’m not sure how effective it is. i plan on retaking the lsat in january

I would say.....7Sage LSAT? ;)
    https://7sage.com/enroll/

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Please provide more details so we have a better understanding of where you are in your prep. Have you read any books or just Khan classes? What was your previous score on record?

January is really soon and very late in the admissions cycle. If you haven’t completed a full course and aren’t an LSAT prodigy you should consider purchasing 7Sage or some books or something. Learn the fundamentals and take a bunch of PTs/review them thoroughly. If you aren’t dead set on going to law school next year then you won’t be so rushed. Whatever you invest up front in time and money could earn you hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarship opportunities.

Also listen to some of the 7Sage podcast episodes. The first few episodes are interviews with top scorers who go through their study progression. That might give you some insight into what it takes to learn this test. Those conversations helped me and are really motivational.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I think you'll definitely get a lot of recommendations for 7sage on here. The other important thing is practice tests, obviously. Depending on which 7sage package you choose you can supplement the PTs with then sets of ten sold by LSAC, they're pretty reasonably priced on Amazon. I'd also recommend the 7sage app for the proctor, I think it's really important to simulate testing conditions.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Also, what are your goals?

• FlashLSATFlashLSAT Alum Member
    293 karma

7sage CC would be great asset in getting ready for the test!
    Also LSAC super prep books the explanations are written by the test makers themselves and gives you insight into how they look at each section and question type on LR!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma

I'm trying to think of something a little more interesting/insightful to say other than 7Sage. It's really hard to recommend much else. I've heard okay things about the LSAT Trainer. A few resources I came across that I'd definitely be sure to stay away from:

TLS Forums. It's a very negative place.

Powerscore LG Bible. Maybe their methodologies worked well at one point, but at best their outdated. Relatively not very effective.

Princeton Review. To avoid paying copyright fees, they don't use real, official LSAT questions. That's not what you want.

In person classes. I've never heard of anything but disappointment from these. You need a curriculum you can adapt to your own pace. In a class you will almost certainly end up being either ahead or behind the curve, and either way it's a waste of time at that point.

Just taking PT's. PT's are enormously important, but they are an advanced resource that you should preserve until you are advanced enough to benefit from them.

At the end of the day though, sign up with 7Sage. You aren't going to get better learning resources or a more positive, supportive community anywhere else.