How often do we see games like the Lizard/Snake Male/Female game?

lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
in Logic Games 938 karma

I'm almost done with the LG section in the CC and I've been full-proofing as I go. I am definitely getting better and I'm very excited about that.

However, I just came across the snake/lizard game and literally stopped doing LG after a 4 hour day of LG. It was so demoralizing.

How often do we see games this difficult? And please spare me embarrassment if this game is actually an easy game :)

Comments

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

Good timing for me on this question. I rarely miss a question in logic games and just took PT 57 with the infamous dinosaur game. I thought that game was decently challenging but I got them all correct and would not have found the game memorable if it weren’t already so hyped up.
    This got me thinking about which game was the hardest. For me it’s the snakes/lizard game. That was one of the few times I was totally stumped. It put some fear in me that no matter how good I am at games another “snake/lizard” game is around the corner. I ended up just brute forcing my way through that game and missed 2, but it was painful.
    So to get back to your question, for my money, that is the hardest games I’ve come across. I’ve done the bundle 3 times and almost all 85 games sections. I usually go -0 in about 25-30 mins. It rocked my confidence for a bit but I moved on and have been good ever since. So carry on!!!

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

I've done the bundle a few times myself too and I must say the female/male snake/lizard game(and I abhor snakes so while working on that game, picturing many of them coiling in cages made me wanna puke) is definitely the hardest ALONGSIDE the new/old CD game. Those two have my votes.

1270 karma

New/old cd very hard, too. For sure memorable.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8694 karma

Statistically, this specific game type appears very rarely. I think this poses two ways of thinking about it in the future:
    1.We probably won't see it because it is rare
    or
    2.It is "due" because it hasn't come up in awhile

The second way of thinking about these games might be a variation on the "gambler's fallacy" where we are saying that the chance of something occurring is effected by how long it has not occurred again. I actually think the second way of looking at these possibilities is not the gambler's fallacy because the gambler's fallacy is predicated on random chance. What games the LSAT makers include on test day are far from true random as a matter of fact they sometimes resurrect games from a decade earlier.

So what do we do?
    I'm reminded here of CS Lewis' words in different context: "The school boy does not know which part of his Virgil lesson he will be asked to translate, that is why he much be prepared to translate any passage."
    I think the smart move for games moving forward is to be ready for a set with straightforward games, but also be cognizant of the odd games out there and how one can approach them.

David

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

@Nov2018Taker Thanks for your comment. -0 in 30 minutes is GODLY. how long did it take for you to achieve that? I'm not even close to finishing 4 games in 35 with 100% accuracy, but I definitely think I can get there.

@BinghamtonDave Great advice. I'll definitely prepare for all types of games! This one was just a tough one.

1270 karma

Nothing Godly. Very human in fact. I went through the curriculum. Then foolproofed. So it depends on how long it takes to full proof. Probably about 2 months i’d say (obviously depends on your rate of study).