Mining game = reincarnation of PT60's Game 3?

Tim HortonsTim Hortons Alum Member
edited November 2018 in November 2018 LSAT 389 karma

Besides us all taking the November 2018 together, the one other thing we have in common is our disdain for that bloody mining game. But, for some reason, it felt like deja-vu (which doesn't mean I found it easy or anything; quite the contrary). Anyone remember PT60 -- Game 3? The only logic game I can compare the mining one to is this one about dirt vs. mulch loads. Just thought I'd share in case anyone wanted to inflict further torture on themselves. Also, if anyone knows of similar games from the PTs, please let it be known. I have nothing to do post-exam and feel impelled to do practice questions... for fun... (what's happened to me?).

Comments

• GuillaumeGuillaume Alum Member
    652 karma

Thank you! Yes, that's why it looked so familiar. I remember fool proofing the mulch game a few weeks before this exam.

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

Oh yeah I remember this game. Nice find, definitely similar

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the mining game. Oh, you look like the Mulch-cleaning game but a lot easier. lol

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Absolutely. I thought of that immediately. It’s the only game that feels similar. I had a harder time setting up the mining game though.

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Yes, I thought this too.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

My thoughts exactly

• Sam TylerSam Tyler Alum Member
    edited November 2018 454 karma

I found this game quite easy, but also felt like there we're some big inferences that needed to be made that could potentially complicate things if you missed them, also the game necessitated just "trying to make stuff fit", like if you just start trying to place stuff you quickly realized how limited options were, but i could see how someone could get paralyzed or stuck.

Not only was the setup similar to the mining game in PTsixty but the approach to solving it was similar. That game is also easy if you just start trying to put the pieces in and realizing how limited the board is. Lots of pieces can't go certain places that might initially seem available.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Guys I love the discussion here but think this may be in the territory of too much detail. We have to tread carefully about discussing specific things from tests before they are released publicly, per LSAC rules.

@akistotle would be a better judge, but I think the only detail you can get into until the test is released is basically saying the topic (like “the mining game”) and saying how difficult you thought it was.

This discussion might be better to have after the test is released.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Thanks @"Leah M B"! Closing this thread just to be safe. You can discuss in details after you get your test (and score :wink: ) back!

This discussion has been closed.