Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using old prep tests?

jessicalauren216jessicalauren216 Free Trial Member
in General 86 karma

Hi! I've been studying for a couple months now, primarily using PTs 52-81. I was planning on taking the November exam and worked through most of them in anticipation, and then I missed the sign up date by literally a day, and got stuck having to wait for the January exam -- so I'm getting really close to being out of tests. What I don't want to do is get stuck in a situation where I'm taking exams where I'm overly familiar with the questions.
I could buy old PTs, but I'm not sure how relevant they are to the current exam -- I've heard logic games are pretty outdated. Should I buy them and work out of them now, then with a month out go back to the newer tests? Or should I not buy them at all and just stagger the practice tests until January?

Comments

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    214 karma

I'm not sure about the LR and RC but the logic games sections from older tests are still relevant and worth practicing

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

Some older games are super hard, and they still employ the same principles (plus, you only have one page so you get better at being efficient with space). I’d suggest buying an old prep test book, go through that one now, and then 3-4 weeks before January, do PTs 82-87 (or whatever the last one was).

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

The 42-51 aren't THAT different so if you're completely out maybe picking up that book to work through isn't a bad idea. I still think your best bet might be re-doing the tests from 62+ since they're more relevant and close to what you'll see on test day. Unless you scored a perfect 180 on the test there is still a lot of juice to squeeze out of retakes. Just be cognizant that their diagnostic purposes might not be as accurate, which really isn't a big deal in my opinion.