Duke Priority Track - Provisionally Admitted, what next?

rachelzanerachelzane Alum Member
edited December 2018 in Law School Admissions 30 karma

Hi! I applied to Duke via priority track and heard back saying that I have been provisionally admitted. The e-mail I received says that I will be officially admitted once I finish the financial aid/scholarship application process, and that Duke's Financial Aid Office will send the scholarship application form by e-mail in December. Is there anything for me to do before they send me the form (for example, am I supposed to e-mail their office and let them know that I plan to apply for scholarship)?

Also, it says that the "scholarship application process includes the opportunity to participate in a Skype interview with a member of the committee" -- does anyone have any advice on how to approach/prepare for this optional scholarship interview?

Thank you!

Comments

• PolemarchusPolemarchus Alum Member
    53 karma

Congrats on getting in! I visited after I was admitted, but only because that’s the way my calendar worked; haven’t officially responded to their acceptance email and they didn’t say I needed to when I was there.
    No advice for the interview besides being cool and relaxed and being prepared to talk about your resume. Good luck!

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited December 2018 1804 karma

Just know your materials and be yourself. It's quite relaxed. Congratulations!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I don't have experience with the Duke interview, but generally it's always good to do an interview whenever you can. It's a good way to make you and your application more memorable. I'd say to be prepared with all the general questions on any law school interview (why law, why their school, what your goals are) and then I'd make sure you are also familiar with your financials, although if this is merit only and not need-based aid, then I doubt it will come up. But always good to be armed with information.

As for anything else, I'd just follow their directions. If they said it will be e-mailed to you in December and didn't say you needed to request it, then I would assume it will come on its own. But if you get anxious by around the 10th or 15th or so and haven't gotten anything, I'd try checking online forums to see if other people have received it, and/or send a polite follow up to admissions to ask when you should expect to receive it.

Congrats on the acceptance!

• UnicornFartsUnicornFarts Alum Member
    222 karma

Hi, I also got this email. Could we PM each other?