Help/advice...what now??

LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
edited December 2018 in General 218 karma

My November score isn’t what I was expecting and I have no idea what to make of it now...

First take was December 2017 and because of various things that went wrong at the test center/distracted me I ended with a 157 (have an LSAC letter explaining subpar conditions). I delayed a year and studied more on and off this year for November 2018, PT’ing in 163-166 (BR’ing 170-173)...and although I felt somewhat confident I got a 155. I did run short on time in two sections but didn’t think it’d impact me much. I have all my apps ready and was planning to submit now. I can’t delay another year as I already have, should I take January? I have finished the 7Sage curriculum and done a lot of PTs, but still have a lot left. Any advice please?? :(

Comments

• NicolekhNicolekh Alum Member
    335 karma

Hi @LauraC829! First off, congrats on sitting for another exam, you should be really proud of yourself! I know you are asking for advice, and I want to tell you that I was in literally the same exact situation as you after the September exam. With a score that I thought did not reflect my potential, I made the really hard decision to postpone law school until I could dedicate enough time and feel mentally/emotionally sound to take the exam. I don't know if you want to message me personally, but this is a super important issue that I think you should talk to others about but also follow your gut on. All of this depends on the school you want to go to, what is its average LSAT score, the time and energy you have to study before you NEED to go back to school, ect. So take all of that into consideration, which I am sure you are doing. Also, do not beat yourself up. If you tried your best then you have nothing to regret. If you feel like you know you can do better, then get back up and get ready for the next exam. It isn't unbeatable but you have to dedicate yourself completely, and if you want that high score bad enough, you will do what it takes!