Another 7sage thank you (141-->162)

DEC NutsDEC Nuts Alum Member
in General 111 karma

Hello All,

I just wanted to say thank you to the community for this journey. My first LSAT diagnostic was a 141 and that was after working on some of the core curriculum. In June, I scored a 153--my PT average. I needed to make some changes to increase my score. Instead of going for volume of practice, I focused on quality and began to work with a tutor (shoutout to @Sami- she'll kick your butt). I also started doing blind review calls with J.Y. which was so helpful. RC was always my weakest section (we're talking -10 average); reading cases in constitutional law for my undergrad class forced me to grapple with difficult text which made LSAT RC manageable; read anything to get well rounded.

In September, I scored a 150. This was after scoring 161, 159, 161 on my last PT's Yeah, it was a terrible feeling but I didn't waste energy feeling bad for myself. From Sep-Nov I did some untimed practice to get back into it and then just really focused on timed sections; like two or three a day with fool proofing-- this was on top of undergraduate courses where I would do a lot of my reading. I only took 1 PT between Sep test and Nov test and scored a 161.

Don't lose your hope or confidence, put in the work, trust the system, and leave it all out there. I'm no LSAT master, but I am happy to answer questions or chat via PM if you need anything. It's the least I can do. Wishing everyone the best.

Lorenzo

Comments

• LawSkewlProbsLawSkewlProbs Alum Member
    103 karma

Congratulations on your success. The road from 141 to 162 must feel great after traveling it. You're inspiration to a struggling beginner. Thanks and good luck in law school!

• The NoodleyThe Noodley Alum Member
    662 karma

Congratulations!!

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

What an accomplishment! You put in the work and the fruit of your labor unfolded. Best wishes!

• SupernoviceSupernovice Alum Member
    323 karma

Great job! 💪

• dianao6512dianao6512 Member
    169 karma

Congrats! How much studying did you do for this increase? I am trying to get around a 20 point increase as well, but I do not have years to do it, and it seems like so many people see that big of an increase only after 1-2 years of studying. (diagnostic 150, trying to get to 170)

• DEC NutsDEC Nuts Alum Member
    111 karma

@dianao6512 I would average around 15-20 hours a week while I was taking classes and ramping it up a little more during the summer. I'll echo the advice I was given: it is not the hours so much as it is the quality of study. Getting closer to the exam I would wake up, do 3 or 4 games and foolproof the if I wasn't fully comfortable. Then would work on timed sections and do breakdown of those to see where I was wasting a lot of time. After implementing a skipping strategy I jumped 5 points right away. I would only take a PT every 2 or 3 weeks, just to measure my progress. Look on the forums of the webinars for more info on the skipping strategy.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Congrats!

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Awesome!