Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

was PT 72 really hard?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
in General 1755 karma

took PT 72 this past week. Man I got pummeled. Tough LR, RC, and LG. Anyone else feel this PT was really hard? Even with the curve, I still felt it was really really hard.

Comments

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

@username_hello said:
    took PT 72 this past week. Man I got pummeled. Tough LR, RC, and LG. Anyone else feel this PT was really hard? Even with the curve, I still felt it was really really hard.

Yep I honestly believe PTs 72-77 were the toughest ever.

See these past threads:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/121830
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/121764

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27866 karma

Threads with this exact topic line come up pretty frequently actually. You're in good company.

Curious trend actually. The test does evolve over time, but it's normally so gradual it's undetectable from one test to another. Sometimes in evolution though, there are sudden leaps. Perhaps something happened at PT 72 which represents this kind of shift. I definitely think the test has experienced relatively rapid growth recently (key word relatively!). Maybe the seeds were planted back in the early 70's. Maybe they hired a new test writer who was eager and clever and now has really grown into her own. Who knows. Just make sure you take the time to review 72 as thoroughly as possible. Reflect on it and try to identify the things that made it so difficult for you. (You should be doing this for every test; the fact that this is PT 72 shouldn't really change anything.) But do feel better knowing that if you do a search, many many posts posing this same questions will come up.

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

@"Cant Get Right" thank you for the feedback and encouragement!

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    333 karma

"Really hard" might be a slight exaggeration, but I took PT 72 two weeks ago and got a 166 which was definitely a score drop. Up until this point, my scores had been in the 168-173 with the exception of PT 72, PT 70 (165), and PT 57 (164; dinosaur game) for the last 30~ practice tests (started at 42 and took them chronologically).

I do feel a shift in the nature of a lot of LR and RC questions. It may be more difficult but I think a lot of it is getting used to the changes. This seems pretty consistent with what I've seen other people post in various threads regarding the PTs in the 70s.

• chillout34chillout34 Member
    edited January 2019 167 karma

My score on 72 was my highest of all prep tests in the 70's by 3-4 points.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

It was a pretty significant score drop for me. Shot right back up afterwards though so BR and don't fret.