Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letter of Recommendation

If I assign a letter to a school that has not been submitted to LSAC from the writer, can I still submit the application? Will LSAC forward along the letter when it's turned in?

Comments

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    840 karma

Hi @"Molly Nelson" I might be wrong but I think for the CAS report to be complete and sent to the school, the letter of recommendation among everything else has to be finalized.

• edited December 2018 534 karma

@"Beast Mode" said:
    Hi @"Molly Nelson" I might be wrong but I think for the CAS report to be complete and sent to the school, the letter of recommendation among everything else has to be finalized.

I believe this is right. But, do you have an LOR on file that will be sent with the application? As in, is this pending letter in addition to other already assigned letters? If so, and if you meet the minimum qualifications for the number of LORs required by the school (LSAC cart will tell you), then it should go through. When you assign another letter, they can just update your CAS like they would for an additional LSAT score (same idea though... if you have an LSAT score on file, then CAS goes through, no problem, and updates as a new score releases. If you have no score on file, then your CAS is in "limbo" until you have a valid score on file).