Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re: Berkeley Law Diversity Statement

smallkenyasmallkenya Alum Member
in General 20 karma

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience crafting a 350 word statement about contributing diversity to a law school? Berkeley's prompt is: How will you (your perspective, experience, Voice) contribute diversity in our classrooms and  community? Any advice would be highly appreciated. I'm struggling with this one. Please note that I have already spoken at length about my minority/first-gen/immigrant background in my personal statement.

Comments

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

I did it, I also got in Berkeley. I am an immigrant also. My advice is to think about something that you did not write anywhere else in application.

• smallkenyasmallkenya Alum Member
    20 karma

Thank you for responding. Did you isolate the trio (perspective, experience and voice)? The way I interpret the question they are all connected. Also, did you enroll at Berkeley?

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

@smallkenya I did not isolate per se. i think those things are interconnected and should not be addressed one by one. I got admitted but I have not made my decision as to which school I will attend.

• smallkenyasmallkenya Alum Member
    20 karma

Thanks, hope to see you at Berkeley (maybe) lol.