Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was YOUR decision timeline?

edited December 2018 in Law School Admissions 534 karma

Hi everyone!

I was wondering how long admissions offices will be reviewing applications for the remainder of 2018 and I realized I have no idea how long decisions generally take to come back. I listened to the 7Sage podcast with Selene, so I know it varies, but I'd love to get an idea of different timelines that people have experienced.

What school did you apply to, when did you apply, and how long did it take to hear back?

Decision Timeline
  1. Timeline Length from LSAC Submission to School Response (Admit, Reject, Waitlist)12 votes
    1. 2 weeks
      16.67%
    2. 3 weeks
        0.00%
    3. 4 weeks
        8.33%
    4. 5 weeks
      16.67%
    5. 6 weeks
        0.00%
    6. 7 weeks
        8.33%
    7. 8+ weeks
      50.00%

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

For me, it definitely varies by school. I was admitted to one school within 2 weeks of submission. I am still waiting (2-3 months later) for most of my decisions to T1 schools. I'm a splitter so I am admittedly not usually a first round pick at most places. YMMV.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I heard it can take 2-3 months as a minimum estimate, but it can really vary.

• edited December 2018 534 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:
    For me, it definitely varies by school. I was admitted to one school within 2 weeks of submission. I am still waiting (2-3 months later) for most of my decisions to T1 schools. I'm a splitter so I am admittedly not usually a first round pick at most places. YMMV.

Did you mean T14 schools? And have they at least put you on a waitlist or marked your application as "under review" or is it just radio silence?

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    edited December 2018 4850 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

Did you mean T14 schools? And have they at least put you on a waitlist or marked your application as "under review" or is it just radio silence?

No, T1 (for me at least) = 15-50. I am under review at each school I have not heard back from.

Correction: Under review at most of the schools I applied to and "Complete" at one school I applied to Sunday.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

I think it depends on where you apply, how competitive the schools are, and what your stats are. I heard from one school within 24 hours and received a scholarship. I've heard back from two others within a week - one with a full ride and change. A lot of the others schools I applied to told me to expect a decision within 4-5 business weeks.

Waiting sucks, especially since this is such a life changing decisions. Even with a tempting full ride I still want to wait to hear back from every school in order to make the best decision. Patience is key. I'm sure we'll all have a decision 4-5 weeks after their application deadline.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I got my first acceptance in less than a week after applying! This is not a rule though. I think that when you are applying to schools where you are an exceptional candidate (numbers-wise) you are placed at the top of the proverbial pile so admissions officers will see your application sooner than someone who is a below-median candidate. Most schools will have started sending acceptances by now and the heaviest acceptances, WL's and rejections will come in over the next few months.