PT68.S3.Q24 - In the Riverview Building, every apartment

ShrilarauneShrilaraune Alum Member
edited January 2019 in Logical Reasoning 169 karma

So this question is easy enough when I take a moment to write out the logic. Even so, I'd like some advice on how to attempt this without enough time to parse out and write down the logic of each answer choice until I get to the right one. Unless the rule of thumb is, just write it out. In which case, I'll continue to do so.
Thanks!

Admin note: added link https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-68-section-3-question-24/

Comments

• NicolekhNicolekh Alum Member
    335 karma

Hi- So what I did is I quickly jotted down the flawed logic of the argument. Then I go to existential vs universal quantifiers. For example, the argument contains no 'some' or 'many' existential quantifies, so I take out any AC that has them. Then I look for the negative language (NO one bedroom have fireplaces), which got me down to C and E. I quickly checked C and realized it was right and moved on. Hopefully that helps. Paralleling the language is key before writing everything down or attempting to.

• ShrilarauneShrilaraune Alum Member
    169 karma

@Nicolekh said:
    Hi- So what I did is I quickly jotted down the flawed logic of the argument. Then I go to existential vs universal quantifiers. For example, the argument contains no 'some' or 'many' existential quantifies, so I take out any AC that has them. Then I look for the negative language (NO one bedroom have fireplaces), which got me down to C and E. I quickly checked C and realized it was right and moved on. Hopefully that helps. Paralleling the language is key before writing everything down or attempting to.

Oh wow. This is brilliant. I did the first step and got rid of B, but the next step of matching the conclusions is pure gold. I think part of me was afraid that the answer could be a contrapositive of what I was looking for and so I didn't want to be too aggressive in my eliminations. But logic wise, that makes no sense as there would still need to be a not (something) in there. And even if I hadn't realized this in the adrenaline rush, that's frankly the kind of problem I should tackle if I get to it. Like if I eliminate everything.
    Thanks!