Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skipping around in RC

MindyKaleMindyKale Alum Member

Do you guys skip questions in RC?
If so, do you come back to them at the end of passage or do you do the section as a whole and address skipped questions later?
If not, why don't you skip (unless of course you are extremely good at RC.)

Comments

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

I only recently started skipping in RC. I'm still not great at seeing an RC question and being able to tell that it's a timeskink. typically if I start searching for something and don't really know where to look, I skip. However, I think it's also valuable to know what a difficult question looks like. My method is fine for questions that are difficult because you overlooked something. But there are RC questions that are inherently difficult and I still haven't figured out how to sense that.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

It depends. If it's something like an 'explicitly stated except' or 'infer/agree' question or analogy where a quick, shallow run through the AC doesn't make one or two stick out, then I skip and come back at the end of the passage. That's my own strategy because, through drilling, I know those can be time sinks and that's the best way I can efficiently use my time. If, after two run throughs of the question, I'm not able to eliminate much I come back after doing the other passage. Especially if it's the last or second last question of the passage, I've noticed that's generally where the really difficult inference questions are.