Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Admissions purgatory

Claire Z.Claire Z. Alum Member

Does anyone feel like they're just waiting (and waiting and waiting) to hear back from schools? I've kept my eyes open for posts like this but haven't seen many, so I hope it's not just me. I know we've talked about this being a slow admission cycle, and I especially appreciated hearing from someone's anecdotal (and happy) story to that effect. Someone else suggested that law schools are waiting for the January LSAT results released Feb. 15 before making final decisions.

But in the meantime... Waiting is hard! I'm waiting on two schools, and only one uses a status checker. My status checker hasn't budged since Oct. 17 when I was marked as "under review." I'm torn about sending a LOCI since David suggests waiting till April. I googled a forum for people who applied to the particular school I'm most anxious about, but it hurt more than it helped because the only people really posting were people who already heard good news.

Anyone else tearing their hair out?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

For other people who are also losing it/hilarious memes about the admissions process, check out r/lawschooladmissions on reddit. They are generally a much less chill bunch than here at 7sage

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited February 2019 3652 karma

Schools usually don’t start looking at apps until mid January, there’s no need to write a LOCI yet. Most everyone else is waiting too. I’ve gotten response from some schools but still waiting on 4 more. Look at the law school admissions reddit, we’re all freaking out from the slow cycle.
    *didnt read the above comment before commenting lol woops

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

Think positively. The fact that they're waiting for the Feb 15 release, which they definitely are, means they are considering your application with some gravity.
    Don't use your LOCI yet. I believe David essentially says to reserve the LOCI for waitlists or internal holds on applications, as it typically really matters at that point, and you want to save it for when it really matter.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

It’s going to feel like that all the way until June. My advice is to just do your best to stop worrying about it. (I know easier said then done)

For some perspective on how long it could take; I got accepted off the waitlist in mid-August (three days before classes started)

Try to enjoy your time and not let the process consume you!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

find something else to obsess over?

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

find something else to obsess over?

Basically. It works wonders.