Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks 7Sage. 148 --> 169

hl_alarakhl_alarak Alum Member
in General 158 karma

Hi.

The March LSAT results were in two days ago. I'm so glad to say that I scored a 169!

I know there are plenty of people here with 170+ and yet aiming for a higher score, but I am content with what I've accomplished after a long journey.

I'm an international applicant with a GPA classified as 'Superior.' I'm a traditional and have studied for the LSAT for a whole year.

I went from a 148 diagnostic, to 161 in June 2018, and to a 169 in March.

I was averaging mid-160s before the March test, so my final score took me by a huge surprise.

LR was my biggest weakness, as I started out getting -10 for each section. I improved a lot by drilling by question type and focusing on those types that I had the most difficulty with.

The Blind Review and foolproofing methods worked out wonderfully for me as well. At one point I was wasting my PTs by taking three tests per week, and obviously getting nothing out of each test. Learning the proper BR method was a game changer for me. I started seeing steady improvements in my overall performance.

I just want to say a big thank you to JY and 7Sage for your help.

I'd also like to add that 7Sage works, although the process could be long and wearisome, as it was for me. So don't give up!

Peace out :)

Comments

• nycgal90nycgal90 Alum Member
    149 karma

Wow that's amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. How long did it take you to start PT'ing in the 160's after your diagnostic?

• ericauhunmwanghoericauhunmwangho Core Member
    108 karma

Wow thats amazing my diagnostic is around that area too my highest PT ever was a 152. But I just started Blind reviewing and I aiming for a 170 as well. any tips on the blind review? or Reading comprehensions

• wngdwaf_1wngdwaf_1 Alum Member
    edited April 2019 89 karma

Congrats! May I ask which course package you purchased on 7Sage?

• hl_alarakhl_alarak Alum Member
    158 karma

@nycgal90 Took me about 2 months I think. I broke the 160 ceiling fairly early, but getting to the high 160's was the hard part.

158 karma

@ericauhunmwangho Basically I follow JY's method - I think there's a whole lecture on it that's definitely worth listening to if you haven't done so. After you finish a PT. go back to and work on the questions you circled on your timed run. Take all the time in the world, as it is very important that you understand the questions thoroughly.
    As for RC, I would advise you to read a lot. You get a huge advantage if you're familiar with the topic of the passage - so read as many articles, blogposts, textbooks, etc. as you can, to broaden your background knowledge of relevant areas.

edited April 2019 158 karma

@wngdwaf_1 Hey, I purchased Ultimate+.

• mamzi0608mamzi0608 Member
    28 karma

Congrats. > @hl_alarak said:

Hi.

The March LSAT results were in two days ago. I'm so glad to say that I scored a 169!

I know there are plenty of people here with 170+ and yet aiming for a higher score, but I am content with what I've accomplished after a long journey.

I'm an international applicant with a GPA classified as 'Superior.' I'm a traditional and have studied for the LSAT for a whole year.

I went from a 148 diagnostic, to 161 in June 2018, and to a 169 in March.

I was averaging mid-160s before the March test, so my final score took me by a huge surprise.

LR was my biggest weakness, as I started out getting -10 for each section. I improved a lot by drilling by question type and focusing on those types that I had the most difficulty with.

The Blind Review and foolproofing methods worked out wonderfully for me as well. At one point I was wasting my PTs by taking three tests per week, and obviously getting nothing out of each test. Learning the proper BR method was a game changer for me. I started seeing steady improvements in my overall performance.

I just want to say a big thank you to JY and 7Sage for your help.

I'd also like to add that 7Sage works, although the process could be long and wearisome, as it was for me. So don't give up!

Peace out :)

Congrats .I am an international student too and the test's peculiar language is a big hurdle for me. How did you overcome that issue if English is not your first language ?