Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waiver emails

jessicalauren216jessicalauren216 Free Trial Member

Hi! This is probably nothing, but do emails from schools that say "We are impressed by your accomplishments and believe you would be an excellent addition to our community," leading into a free application waiver mean you have a better chance of getting in than normal? I know the schools get the information from CAS, but not sure what exactly they're doing with it, and how meaningful these emails are.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited April 2019 13286 karma

Nah they want more people to apply to boost their numbers. I got a couple of those myself from schools that either outright rejected me or waitlisted me in the end. I think the consensus is; they don’t mean anything - but the application is free!

(minus the racketeering circus that is the LSAC and their stupidly expensive, and pointless, fee)

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Not really. Sorry. It's kind of a marketing ploy as much as anything else. For higher ranking schools, they will sometimes be more selective with giving out fee waivers. However, it really doesn't mean anything except possibly that you have stats (LSAT and GPA) that may be similar to the types of candidates they admit. But, you can't really read anything in to it.

• jessicalauren216jessicalauren216 Free Trial Member
    86 karma

Thanks! At least the application is free now 👍