Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Before I make a mistake...

frankgmffrankgmf Alum Member
in General 19 karma

So I got my score today from the March 30th administration. Long story short I'm not satisfied with my results and I'm preparing to take the July 15th test. I'm to the point in my prep where its practice, practice, practice with proper blind review. My blind review scores are on point with my target score but my actual is still behind. Before I make a mistake and continue practicing the way I have been, with timed sections/blind review, preptest/blind review, is there any advice or suggestions I should consider? Is there something more I could be doing? I just want to make sure I'm making the most of my study time before the next administration. Thanks!

Comments

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

Blindreview with others.

Have them audit your thought process. Its easier for others to see your blindspots than for you to see your own.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

I would also make sure you incorporate review of identified weak spots after your BR. My cycle looked something like PT, thorough BR, check 7Sage analytics to determine 1-2 highest priority weaknesses, return to CC and problem sets to work on those 1-2 weak points, and only after improvement, PT again. I believe that the return to CC / redo problem sets is a step some people leave out. Good luck.

• frankgmffrankgmf Alum Member
    19 karma

Thank you

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

All the advice above is great. I also can not recommend highly enough the webinar called “Post Core Curriculum Study Strategies.” If you haven’t watched it yet, it will give you lots of ideas on how to drill and when you’re ready to move on to different types of exercises.

19 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    All the advice above is great. I also can not recommend highly enough the webinar called “Post Core Curriculum Study Strategies.” If you haven’t watched it yet, it will give you lots of ideas on how to drill and when you’re ready to move on to different types of exercises.

Thanks Leah. I watched it and it is a great explanation of how to study and measure progress post cc. Very useful.

• GuillaumeGuillaume Alum Member
    652 karma

Is timing an issue at all? I found ,in addition to my blind review, that working on skipping strategies and timing really paid off. It took awhile to hone my instincts on when to cut losses and move on. I also drilled hard LR questions I was weak on (flaw, parallel flaw, NA, etc.)

• PreWorkoutPreWorkout Alum Member
    198 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

Where do i find this?

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@"Middle Child referential phrase" said:

@"Leah M B" said:

Where do i find this?

Here it is: https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

19 karma

@Guillaume said:
    Is timing an issue at all? I found ,in addition to my blind review, that working on skipping strategies and timing really paid off. It took awhile to hone my instincts on when to cut losses and move on. I also drilled hard LR questions I was weak on (flaw, parallel flaw, NA, etc.)

Hey Guillaume, yes timing has been an issue. This is why I've been doing timed sections from old PTs on RC and LR with blind review after. Keeping time in mind while I practice these sections has removed the fear of getting the answer wrong in a practice setting and keeps me focused on pace instead. The other component I've found useful is in the BR. Verbally explaining to myself why the wrong answers are wrong, and comparing them with other questions has revealed certain patterns in wrong answer choices and thereby makes them easier to spot. Skipping is crucial and I'm still practicing "moving on" if I can't make a decision between answer choices. Thanks for the tips!