EMDR

2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
in General 1810 karma

Since my BR score is still way above my actual PT score, and I'm still experiencing panic every time I face LG timed, I'm considering seeking other kinds of help. I've heard good things about EMDR therapy helping with test anxiety. Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• alumivacuialumivacui Alum Member
    212 karma

EMDR is all mental. Technically it has been refuted by psychology studies(having been shown to have no benefits), however, so has hypnosis but it still works. Point being, it really depends on the type of person you are. If you are easily suggestible then you'll likely have good fortunes with it. Furthermore, you'll have to really buy into... invest yourself into the treatment.

Best of luck!!

Personally I recommend mindfulness meditation/guided meditation. The purpose is to ground you in the present moment/ have you be aware of how and what you are feeling. It takes work, and persistence, but it has been shown to have MANY benefits in PFC region of the brain as well as other parts!!

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

Thanks so much for your reply. I will probably stick with meditation - just curious about it.