Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you wish you knew before starting 7Sage CC?

mixedlawmixedlaw Alum Member
in General 169 karma

For those who are far along in their LSAT journey and used 7Sage to get there, what do you wish you knew before starting the core curriculum? I'm open to tips, tricks, general reflections, etc. I'm going to (officially) start my LSAT journey in a few weeks. I'm taking 7 months off to do nothing but focus on studying for the January LSAT. I love hearing from folks who have more experience than me. What do you wish you knew when you were starting out? Excited to be a part of this community!

Comments

• GuillaumeGuillaume Alum Member
    652 karma

I would have loved to know that 7Sage is a tool, and that the core-curriculum makes up maybe 15% of your studying. The rest is from practice tests, blind review, learning from your mistakes, fine-tuning your strategy and repeat. I would also have loved to know that at some point, understanding the theory and fundamentals isn't going to give any more returns and you should focus instead on timing strategies and practice.

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    edited May 2019 917 karma

I wish I actually went through all of the CC in the beginning. I got really bored and annoyed since there was so many videos and I skimmed over it and started taking PTs. I would get the correct answers in LR but I was slow since I didn't know the specific mechanisms that the cc taught. Once I went back and learned the mechanisms and tricks from the cc, it became so much easier.

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

I would have loved to know that was going to take much longer to get though the CC than estimated because l stopped to work questions, etc. -the time estimates are just the video lengths at regular speed.

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

I knew this and it was critical to my success: do the cc slowly and make sure you understand EVERYTHING as much as you can. Pick sections that you thought were difficult and review them every so often so that the material gets ingrained in your brain.

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2798 karma

As others have said, take your time and go really slow; take all the time you need to feel comfortable with the material. Do not rush to get through it. The CC is like a really great book, no matter what stage in prep you are in, you can go back into it and find new meaning in the material. At first parts of the CC might not make much sense or really click. However, after a few PTs you might have an a-ha moment where you realize why JY emphasized parts of the CC. I started the CC thinking I could learn everything and get a 170+ in just a few months. 2 years later and I am still going back to the CC and viewing it in new ways.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

go super slow. The lessons may not seem relevant to the test at the time but trust me when I tell you, the arguments and most importantly the answer choices will challenge/try you on every lesson ever discussed in the CC.

I had to go back a couple of times doing the PTs because of what I missed or forgot the first time around. No big deal because now the info is solid, but at the time that i went through the CC, I thought once I did the lesson I had that understanding. But I really didn't.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I wish I would have known how important the most basic fundamentals are to your success. There’s really not a whole lot of advanced knowledge and strategies required to do well. The most important thing is having a strong understanding of the fundamentals outlined in the CC. If you can master all of that, no score is out of reach.

• ChardiggityChardiggity Alum Member
    336 karma

Study for a score and not a test. Don't take the LSAT until you're PT-ing at (or ideally a little above) your goal score. I pushed myself to take the test after 4 months of studying, knowing I wasn't ready. Shockingly, it did not go well. I feel like 7sage was where I heard for the first time to take as long as it takes, and delay a cycle if necessary. I would have saved myself time and heartache if I'd known and taken my own advice.

Be willing to go through the CC twice. Initially, I did a different online LSAT prep company, and when I realized that I needed more detailed instruction, I joined 7sage. Going through 7sage's CC my first time, but having been previously exposed to the concepts, I found that I understood it on a much deeper level than I would have if it were my very first time looking at LSAT material.