Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fellow June test takers

2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
in General 1810 karma

Please remember to take it easy this week. If, like me, you woke up this morning after crazy test dreams, with a headache ~ take today off. Only light studying from now on...we're prepared, we're awesome...and we're NOT going to blow it with burnout. Cheers.

Comments

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Damn straight! Think I’m doing an LG section a day. And going over some of my weaker LR question types mostly to solidify my approach with those questions. Nothing demanding. We know the material. Time to trust the process.

• khussain2488khussain2488 Free Trial Member
    5 karma

Hello, I had a quick question If I'm not hitting my ideal score yet I'm between 3 or 6 points away, should I still take the test next week? is it possible to reach those couple points in a week?

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

@khussain2488 said:
    Hello, I had a quick question If I'm not hitting my ideal score yet I'm between 3 or 6 points away, should I still take the test next week? is it possible to reach those couple points in a week?

Tough call, and only you can make it. Is this your first time? If it is, and you aren't scared of digital, then I'd say postpone. Feeling like you're not totally ready is not the way to go in if there's no reason to rush. That said, I'm a good 3-5 points from my goal, too, but since this is my second go and I am scared of digital, I'm going all in next Monday, hoping to take the best test of my life. Since I've studied for almost 2 years now, a lot of that of this will be fueled by me NOT studying this week. Meditating, getting massages, a facial, acupuncture, a sensory deprivation tank, yoga, the whole nine yards. I intend to be at my best!

1810 karma

I love this: “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”
    ― Aristotle

• khussain2488khussain2488 Free Trial Member
    5 karma

Thanks for the feedback

1810 karma

Here's something helpful that sunk in for me today, my last day of doing full timed sections before the exam: Five minutes is longer than I thought it was. In the past, I was freaking out because the 5-minute warning would come right after I finished reading the final RC passage ~ and I would think, "Oh no, I've blown it, I've run out of time." But that's just silly! Five minutes is the perfect amount of time left to answer the questions. I was freaking out for no good reason, which in turn, of course, leads to lack of focus. If I've read the last passage and understood it at the 5-minute warning, I'm still doing fine. Five minutes can also be enough time to answer all of the questions in an LG section, too, as long as your setup and inference work is already done. Who knew? This is great.