Raw score = BR score. Now what?

HeyaaaaaaHeyaaaaaa Alum Member
in General 99 karma

So my raw score has finally caught up with my BR score and at this point, I don't really see any difference BRing.

I always get -0 on LG, and my average for LR and RC are both around -2. My score ranges from 172-178. I don't think I can do any better on RC, but I want to bring my LR down to -0, just to make things sure. If I look at the questions I get wrong, they are predominantly questions that I don't circle for BR. For instance, if it's a flaw question, I think that the flaw is something else and would confidently choose that wrong AC. Otherwise, the questions I get wrong are the ones that I think were really hard and couldn't have gotten right even during BR (this is really rare).

What are you supposed to do once your raw score has caught up with your BR score? Is there any more room for improvement? I'm taking the international June test which is in less than 3 weeks.

Comments

• Madssssss L.Madssssss L. Alum Member
    124 karma

First of all, amazing job! I cannot seem to get past the 170 average test score/ BR 175+ (so if you have any wisdom for me on what allowed you to push past that pt, I would be so grateful-- especially for RC, which busts up my score. For instance, on PT 79 yesterday I went -3 on LG/LR and then -5 on RC).

I imagine that you are finishing with quite a bit of time left at the end, so my small advice would be to spend some time scanning questions #13-20 and reviewing the language of the stim. If you are confident in your reasoning (and you likely have a great intuitive sense by now), it may be that a small detail or eeriness in the question itself is what is ultimately difficult. More detail on why you're missing those questions should be informative as to what will be the best fix, but that would be my suggestion if it feels like it's a miss outta left field each time.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If you are comfortable with the amount of time you have left, I would take a little bit of extra time when you see questions you know you have these confidence errors on. Make sure you read every answer choice for these problems. I think at this point though, it's clear that you have studied well, understand the test, and are prepared. Don't psych yourself out with only three weeks left. At this point, you can focus on polishing your skills and strategies and keeping fresh/avoiding burnout.