Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diagnostic

michaellit10michaellit10 Alum Member
in General 17 karma

Hi Everyone,

I took my first timed diagnostic today and I scored a 140. LR was by far my best section (still guessed a couple due to timing) and I basically guessed my way through the entire LG section (haven't learned this yet). On reading comp, I was also a little constrained by time, which forced me to guess a couple of questions as well.

Considering that timing was an issue, on top of that I had absolutely no idea how to approach any of the LG, I believe that a 140 is not an awful first take at the LSAT. I am sure, when I start learning LG and further strengthen my RC AND LR, I will be able to increase my score significantly.

Even though a 140 is not ideal, do you guys think a score in the 160s is possible in the future?

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Of course. It might take some time to learn the test and improve your timing, but you should see a big score jump just from learning LG and learning different LR question types. Study hard!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27878 karma

Absolutely. With patient, disciplined, and effective study habits, 160 is very reasonable.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Hi @michaellit10 , congrats on taking your diagnostic. It's great that LR was your best section as it is half the test. I had a very similar breakdown on my diagnostic. I got a 150 and was stronger in LR and RC but had no idea how to approach LG at first. I think I got almost every LG question wrong lol. However, since then, I have improved a lot in LR and LG. I am still trying to improve in RC. I am now in the low to mid 160s range. But I have taken a break from PTs to foolproof more LGs and review the CC slowly---trying to master the fundamentals in all sections. The grind is real...

To answer your question, I definitely think you can score in the 160s. Keep studying, do blind review, go through the CC slowly and thoroughly to get the fundamentals down and it will happen. Best of luck studying!

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited June 2019 1866 karma

Like others have said, 160s is completely reasonable! Especially if you improve your LG (arguably the easiest section to improve), it's very, very doable. Study hard and you'll definitely get there.

• elias7291elias7291 Alum Member
    269 karma

It took a long time for me. But I started at 130s and now am in the low 160s

• DaBears85DaBears85 Alum Member
    284 karma

Hard work will get you where you want to go! I started at a 139 diagnostic and just scored a 150 on only my third PT with a 165 blind review. It's a slow process, but keep working at it!