Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transcript Requirement Question

ALAMAROBALAMAROB Alum Member

I have a question regarding transcripts that I am hoping to get some clarity on. I emailed LSAC about this but wanted to see if others have had a similar experience.

During one of my undergraduate semesters, I attended a study abroad program through the School for International Training (SIT). While I was abroad in South America for the semester, all components of the program were organized by SIT, a US based program with organized, semester long study abroad programs all over the world.

I received transfer credits for the 5 courses I took while studying abroad, and while the course titles and grades I received for the courses appear on my official undergraduate transcript (for the school from which I received my Bachelors degree), the grades were not included in my undergraduate GPA.

Does anyone know if it is necessary to request a formal transcript from SIT for this semester, or if the fact that these 5 courses do appear on my official undergraduate transcript would be sufficient?

Some of the information I read on the LSAC website led me to believe it was not necessary to ask SIT for a transcript, but I wanted to check as I did not read anything that described my exact study abroad situation. I also did not see a section for adding an institution such as SIT, as it does not seem to fall under any of the existing categories. I was also not entirely sure if you could request a transcript from an institution if the institution is not listed in CAS.

Thanks!

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Based on the language at https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/jd-application-process/cas/requesting#sponsorship, it seems, based on your description of your transcript, like these SIT credits would be considered "credit was transferred from an institution and it appears on another institution’s transcript."

But I would encourage you to call LSAC customer service for a definitive answer: 215.968.1001. You don't want to misinterpret their requirements and have LSAC hold up your CAS Report. Good luck!