Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Circled Questions - 7Sage Forum

Circled Questions

ridglea.k.willardridglea.k.willard Free Trial Member
in General 28 karma

I've been tracking and reviewing my missed questions regularly. Is it worth doing the same for questions I circled (but ultimately got right)? Or do y'all have other strategies you recommend for further cementing that correct reasoning?

Comments

• xenonhexafluoroxenonhexafluoro Alum Member
    428 karma

I think it's worth it for LR! By reviewing them you will reinforce the reasoning you used and get faster.

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited June 2019 6868 karma

Did you fully understand the question? If not, review it. Just because you happened to end up on the good side of a 60/40 or 70/30 guess doesn't make it any less of a guess, and counting on getting lucky on your 'leans' is a pretty terrible way to build consistency. Four incorrect, one correct, crystal clear, no exceptions.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

To answer your question @"ridglea.k.willard", what helped me cement logical reasoning inside each question is typing out explanations of each question. When I say explanations, I don't just mean what is wrong, what is right and why for each, I am talking about full dissection of the question: (1) What is the argument----premises/conclusion/context? (2) What is the method of reasoning? (3) What is the flaw or any assumptions present that makes this argument invalid? (4) What did the question ask and what did I do wrong? Did I focus and hone in on what the question was asking me to do with this particular stimulus? (5) What is logically correct and incorrect about the answer choices the test writers put here? (6) Is there any argument by analogy, argument by phen/hypothesis or correlation/causation cookie-cutter nature? If so, can I implement certain strategies and processes to arrive at the answer for questions like this one faster?

By typing out explanations in the fashion shown above, I see significant increases in understanding even for difficult questions because of the neural connections I am trying to create from extensive analysis. After that, timing is still needed for improvement as well, but this seems to help with cementing the logical reasoning within each question for me. But that is just my 2 cents.

I hope this helps.

• ridglea.k.willardridglea.k.willard Free Trial Member
    28 karma

@xenonhexafluoro @"Jonathan Wang" @"Mage of Reason" Thanks for the insight and taking the time to respond, y'all! :) I'll definitely up my time spent reviewing my near misses.