Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discussion threads appear "blank" in iOS

nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
Good morning, tech gurus.

I often use the 7sage iPhone app to view the discussion boards. Sometimes—particularly on threads that have a lot of replies or a number of long replies—the text does not render. I should say—the text will display briefly and then disappear. While I am able to scroll (usually still seeing nothing, except the 7sage disclaimer at the bottom which is always visible when I scroll to that point), the text of the thread does not load in sprite of refreshing, closing the app, starting from the Discussion main page and re-navigating to the thread in question, etc. The app frame and menu remain visible—but the majority of the text does not display.

This is an intermittent problem but occurs often enough to suggest a bug. I'm in iOS 8.2 on an iPhone 5s.

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    This occasionally happens to me too. Particularly on threads with a lot of comments.
  • Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3076 karma
    @nicole.hopkins @ddakjiking Thanks for letting us know about this! I got this to reproduce on the http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2322/february-lsac-scores discussion using iPhone 5S iOS 8.1.3. This will probably take a while to fix - I have trouble debugging this particular setup :|

Good news is that I couldn't reproduce it on iPad, iPhone 6, or Safari app (instead of the 7Sage app). So in the meantime, please try using one of these options. Sorry for the trouble!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Thanks, @"Alan Cheuk" —best of luck on the bug-hunting!
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    This explains why mine never loads
    3076 karma
    @nicole.hopkins @ddakjiking I rolled out a fix a few minutes ago that should help. I'm not getting a blank screen anymore on iPhone 5S 7Sage app. Please let me know if you are still running into this problem
    7965 karma
    Alan—unfortunately I'm still having the same problem (just had it when looking at the "Gaining back confidence" thread). I checked the App Store and didn't see an update—did you mean it's forthcoming from there?
    7965 karma
    I just had it on another thread as well.
    3076 karma
    @nicole.hopkins The update should come from our server side. I retested that thread on iPhone 5S and got the blank screen to reproduce :( This is going to take a long time to figure out, sorry!
    7965 karma
    No problem :) Thanks for the hard work!!
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I'm also having this issue on my 6+