Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Double wrong on PT and BR - 7Sage Forum

Double wrong on PT and BR

firewaterlsatfirewaterlsat Alum Member

I’ve only taken one PT so far outside of my diagnostic. On LG I got -1 on BR and the one I missed I straight up rushed. I really enjoy LG mainly because my confidence level in the answers are so high since there isn’t an infinite way to create the right answer unlike LR.

On my two LR sections I got -15 blind review which is straight up disheartening. What is worse is that 9 out of the 15 wrong we’re missed in BOTH original PT and BR! So I picked two different answers and they were both wrong! Two stabs and two misses.

This tells me that my fundamental understanding is lacking. Out of the 6 NA types I got 1 right and 4 were wrong twice so at least I know I need to drill NA and watch the NA CC again. The other 5 double misses were all different question types.

I’ve watched the LR CC but have only done a handful of the drills. Obviously NA types I need to review and drill but what do I do about the other double misses? Double misses to me screams not truly understanding and since there were 6 different question types in the double wrongs I am getting very discouraged that my fundamentals are completely lacking.

Are double misses common?

How much time do you spend in BR for a LR section? I’ll have to time my LR BR next time but if I had to guess one section was maybe 30 minutes. Do you take the time to write out the why for reach AC in terms of wrong or right? Or do you look at it and cross through like you would a normal timed PT?

I want to maximize my study time. Any guidance or experience with double wrong is much appreciated.

Comments

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

I don't mean to be curt, but given your statements:

@firewaterlsat said:
    I’ve only taken one PT so far outside of my diagnostic....
    ....I’ve watched the LR CC but have only done a handful of the drills.

I feel like your level of concern is not yet warranted. Do more of the drills, particularly on the question types you seem to be having the most difficulty with. Do another half dozen or so PTs. Then sit back and take the time of where you need to focus your efforts to study efficiently. Doing a diagnostic and only one PT just isn't a large enough window to get useful insight into your performance -- you're not even comfortable with the test yet!

Keep at it -- there's no need to worry at this early stage.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

It happens sometimes but as long as you understand the mistake and go over it, it's simply a learning experience and it'll be fine.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27884 karma

@firewaterlsat said:
    I’ve watched the LR CC but have only done a handful of the drills.

This is the operative line in all of this to me. The CC can't be watched to any effect. JY's good, but no one is that good. Watching is passive, and passive is worthless. Go back to the beginning and work through the CC. Study. Struggle. Learn. Overcome.