Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELPPPP my score is decreasing

ellieshoukryellieshoukry Free Trial Member
in General 6 karma

So ive been studying for the lsat for two month (not seriously) but i took a three week break of studying BIG MISTAKE! i was scoring 14-15 per LR and other sections around that as well or maybe more. But i decided to get back to studying and actually take it seriously so yesterday i did my a section of Logic Reasoning and I got A FREAKIN 9 i also took another one today also got a 9 which is what i first got the first time i ever did an lsat. i cant understand why my score decreased so much i feel so unmotivated and shit about it. like it doesnt make sense at all like what the MY NEW SCORE IS TELLING MY IS THAT I LOST ALL THE KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION AND HOURS OF STUDYING BC I TOOK A BREAK. (sorry for the lack of punctuation). has the happened to anyone before? also any tips? im screaming

Comments

• EveryCookCanGovernEveryCookCanGovern Alum Member
    401 karma

Which PT's were you using? LR becomes more rigorous past the 30s, that might explain your perceived drop.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

I think the problem is not with your break but with your previous study habits. If you don’t study seriously, you won’t learn in a meaningful way. Now that you’re back and ready to study seriously, just take this as a cheap lesson. You get out what you put in, so give it your best effort.

• ellieshoukryellieshoukry Free Trial Member
    6 karma

@LSATscrub said:
    Which PT's were you using? LR becomes more rigorous past the 30s, that might explain your perceived drop.

hey so the ones the i did the past few days were from Pretest 29 and 30

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

LR was tbe hardest section for me to see how and why I was improving. I think you really need to sit with LR, study the phrasings of the answer choices (particularly in Flaw and Argument Part). You have to think deeply and for a long time about how that section functions. There’s a science to it, and if you don’t put in the time to understand that science, it will always remain a mystery.

• SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

You didn't forget everything, you just haven't optimized your brain for taking the test by taking three weeks off--and breaks are ok. Always make sure to warm up for an hour prior to a test (or however long you need--I like to do a LG section and easy LR questions for an hour prior). I would spend a few days going through some CC sections before doing another test. It's about mindset and reminding yourself that you can do well. I had a slump where I dropped about 10 points after taking some time off. I took a break, got myself psyched up again, and beat my previous high score by 6 points. You can do it, it's just a warm-up/general mindset/attitude issue that is easily solvable!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I wouldn’t worry about it. You took a break that doesn’t mean you forgot everything. It was one section. My suggestion would be to go back through the core curriculum, you will see some of it feels familiar but it also looks like there is some opportunity to improve study habits. With better understanding you will be able to take a few days off without feeling like you lost everything but it honestly takes awhile of meaningful study time to get there.

• Have you considered a tutor?