Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online writing

PrincessPrincess Alum Member
in General 821 karma

Has anyone taken the online writing section? I took the test in July, but still haven't taken the writing. Can I take it anytime or is it only on the test date? I'm not sure if I missed it already

Comments

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

@Princess said:
    Has anyone taken the online writing section? I took the test in July, but still haven't taken the writing. Can I take it anytime or is it only on the test date? I'm not sure if I missed it already

I took the June LSAT and also have not taken the writing sample. You can take the Writing portion on the date of your exam and up to one year after.

Note that you only need one writing section on file, so if you have already done the writing section for a previous LSAT exam (even the old pencil-and-paper writing section that was administered in the testing center), you do not need to take it again (but you can if you choose to).

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

@MIT_2017 I haven't taken the writing at all, so that's why I'm confused. I saw it said we can take it up to one year after, but are there certain dates or is it just whenever I login? I'm scared to click something on LSAC and mess up because it says I can start the writing, but I'm not sure.

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

@Princess I don't think there are certain dates - you're free to take it on your own time